Krytac spr/lvoa-s. Worth the buy?

Mentalmonk3y
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello good people.

I hope this message finds you well.

I am new to AF and also the Airsoft community. I currently have my own gun, purchased with a valid UKARA, but am always looking for the next best upgrade. I've been watching a Youtuber and the gun he is using is like none other I've seen. 

So my question is to you, is the Krytac Mk 2 SPR or LVOA-s worth the money? Obviously, upgrades will be needed to bring it to the level of said YTer and will have to wait. But as an out of the box gun, is it worth the buy? Am I just being a victim of good advertising? Has anyone had experience first hand with these guns? Is there maybe a better gun you could suggest? 

I hope you can find time to answer my questions and apologise if they have already been put to the group. I am very grateful for your time and effort. 

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

Mentalmonk3y 

• Supporters

I have an LVOA, and its fantastic for a stock gun.

4 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

I have an LVOA, and its fantastic for a stock gun.

Can you elaborate?

• Supporters
Just now, Mentalmonk3y said:

Can you elaborate?

Well, ok. The bucking is good, in fact ive seen upgraded ones that keep the stock bucking. Hop is rather good as well, being a rotary out of the box. The motor is a 20 I believe; the US version has a 30, so that is a slight disadvantage. Externals are solid. The LVOA is like my 10th gun, so I havent put much time into it, but I have never had a problem with it.

Plus they are just beautiful.

post-14297-0-15431000-1481107492_zpsoohs

Mine when I bought it. Honestly forgot it was one of the rarer Wolf Grey ones lol

Guest PT247

If you buy a Krytac, don't bother "upgrading" it unless you want a little more fps. Cracking guns, I've had 3 Krytacs, still own one of them, you'll not need another gun.

1 hour ago, PT247 said:

If you buy a Krytac, don't bother "upgrading" it unless you want a little more fps. Cracking guns, I've had 3 Krytacs, still own one of them, you'll not need another gun.

Thanks hippo. I know you. Appreciate the heads up.

2 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Well, ok. The bucking is good, in fact ive seen upgraded ones that keep the stock bucking. Hop is rather good as well, being a rotary out of the box. The motor is a 20 I believe; the US version has a 30, so that is a slight disadvantage. Externals are solid. The LVOA is like my 10th gun, so I havent put much time into it, but I have never had a problem with it.

Plus they are just beautiful.

post-14297-0-15431000-1481107492_zpsoohs

Mine when I bought it. Honestly forgot it was one of the rarer Wolf Grey ones lol

Awesome looking gun. I want the wolf grey as well. Is the LVOA-s better then the SPR? In regards to range I mean. Looking for something with good range and accuracy. I don't want to 'snipe' but would like to stay further from the front line then I am currently with my rifle. Is a sniper scope mountable on the LVOA-s? Purely for better sighting as apposed to a red dot or my current sights.

Really appreciate the reply and advice.

Guest PT247

All the Krytac rifles perform pretty much the same for accuracy and range (with the same fps) I've had an SPR, an SPD and the PDW, I've tried upgrading them with PDI and Orga barrels, I've tried improving on the hop. They all work the same and the mods made no real difference to justify the cost. I kept my PDW because it feels nicer at 330fps than my SPR did at the same fps but there was no difference in range/accuracy.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Mentalmonk3y said:

Awesome looking gun. I want the wolf grey as well. Is the LVOA-s better then the SPR? In regards to range I mean. Looking for something with good range and accuracy. I don't want to 'snipe' but would like to stay further from the front line then I am currently with my rifle. Is a sniper scope mountable on the LVOA-s? Purely for better sighting as apposed to a red dot or my current sights.

Really appreciate the reply and advice.

Dont confuse length of gun with range the little PDW will shoot just as far and with same accuracy as its bigger brothers. Barrel length once past about 140mm makes only the very slightest difference and once past 200mm makes no difference at all.

You can mount any scope you want.

PT247 bloody :ph34r:ed me!

6 hours ago, PT247 said:

All the Krytac rifles perform pretty much the same for accuracy and range (with the same fps) I've had an SPR, an SPD and the PDW, I've tried upgrading them with PDI and Orga barrels, I've tried improving on the hop. They all work the same and the mods made no real difference to justify the cost. I kept my PDW because it feels nicer at 330fps than my SPR did at the same fps but there was no difference in range/accuracy.

OK. So it mostly comes down to what you feel most comfortable running then. I will take on board your advice and hold off upgrading. Thanks for the tips.

6 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Dont confuse length of gun with range the little PDW will shoot just as far and with same accuracy as its bigger brothers. Barrel length once past about 140mm makes only the very slightest difference and once past 200mm makes no difference at all.

You can mount any scope you want.

PT247 bloody :ph34r:ed me!

You just got pipped there. Thanks for the advice.

I actually ended up not buying a krytac and to get it to the level I wanted ment upgrading, changing fps, locking to semi...etc...so in the end I just bought myself a shinny new:

Bolt B4 MK12 MOD-1 DMR.

Bought a 4x32 scope as well. Didn't need anything doing to it as it's dmr as stock. 395fps. Locked to semi already. Blowback...kicks really nice, feels almost like a real gun..I'll post a reply once I've field tested it if anyone is interested.

Guest PT247

ahh, hope it works out for you. You know Dogtag fps for a DMR is 420 now iirc? So you'll still need to swap the spring out if maxing the performance from it and I don't think they have a Q/C spring so is a harder job to do.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, PT247 said:

ahh, hope it works out for you. You know Dogtag fps for a DMR is 420 now iirc? So you'll still need to swap the spring out if maxing the performance from it and I don't think they have a Q/C spring so is a harder job to do.

It does have a QC spring it comes out the back/side of the gearbox/receiver after a few thousand rounds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-4-21 at 6:03 PM, ImTriggerHappy said:

Oh dear

oh dear? I take it you are not a fan? I've not had any issues yet. Seems like a solid gun. Maybe your experience was with older versions so that's the basis of your scepticism.  Looking to upgrade basic parts but who doesn't.

• Supporters
On Fri May 05 2017 at 8:20 PM, Mentalmonk3y said:

oh dear? I take it you are not a fan? I've not had any issues yet. Seems like a solid gun. Maybe your experience was with older versions so that's the basis of your scepticism.  Looking to upgrade basic parts but who doesn't.

New and old and while they are getting better they are not there yet. They have the strongest recoil of any aeg and thats where the problem lies. The recoil while at first feels good after a while starts to grate because it's in the wrong place and just feels slighltly off. It's like watching that film where the sound sync is a millisecond off, not bad enough to stop you watching but still twangs a nerve. The second issue is because the recoil is quite strong it shakes a lot of the guns apart not all but some. They fail at different points depending on where the QC was spotty that day. 

I do like them but would never recommend them until they have sorted the niggles which I really hope they do.

I wouldn't upgrade it out the box though just do it as bits fail . For the most part the components are quite good so nothing will improve it much.

Archived