help! gun stopped working

mimozine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys, i got a second hand king arms black rain. imaculate condition. i have put a new m100 spring in it. tested and set hop. then today i was doing some target practice fired maybe 30 shots (have only put maybe 300 rounds through it in total since i got it) it fired perfectly every time then just stopped firing. no unusual sounds. i was firing in semi, switched to full auto with no effect. tried different battery, no luck. there is a small sound inside when you pull the trigger and the battery get warm, but nothing happens. help please! dont know what to do. hoping its an easy fix as nearest tech place is miles from me and takes em ages to do anything.

Guest PT247

Assuming you've checked that there isn't any BBs jammed in the barrel? 
Are you sure you put the anti-reversal latch in correctly?

5 minutes ago, PT247 said:

Assuming you've checked that there isn't any BBs jammed in the barrel? 
Are you sure you put the anti-reversal latch in correctly?

It's a quick change spring, I don't think he would have opened it up.

• Supporters

Sounds like a munch up in the box which is a right bitch

I've popped & chucked in plenty of springs in my UAR and not had a problem

odd you was firing in semi but didn't get to shoot in auto ???

So if you didn't shoot in auto it couldn't have stripped the piston if going nutz on the juice

(tbh I doubt that would go mental as most gears would be 18 or 16:1 coz think its re-enforced box)

Think according to LWA it has a mosfet in there but doubt if its a all singing/dancing one

So again odd the gun decides to go crappy on auto ???

Don't think its ambi fire so doubt if selector plate not lifting COL

well the sound inside is hinting motor stalling or mosfet saying f*ck off

So it does look like a lock up in the box from what you describe

All I can suggest is does it fire in semi - probably not

can you drop the motor plate to ensure the motor turns on its own - quite likely by the sounds of it

So at the moment it sounds like box locked :(

Even the spring guide seems to be OK-ish

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/king-arms-ver2-8mm-bearing-quick-spring-change-gearbox.html#.WPU1tPkrLIV

Hangtight had his spring guide come loose and spring snag & G&G HC05 was loosely put together

but in the gearbox pic the guide looks quite sound

But as long as spring isn't seriously compressed it wouldn't hurt to pop spring guide and check and/or put in old spring

Anti reversal latch lock up? I take it that would be the result of enough current to wind the spring up on the latch but not enough to push it over the top?

• Supporters

Spring guide coming adrift would be nice

I'm thinking bit of a tooth or plastic breaking off - even a tiny spec of plastic could lock the drive chain

Had a G&G AR latch break - they got a nick either side of the latch and it cracked right across them

Image result for G&G AR latch

wouldn't have believed it but explained why the gun was rolling back

never locked the box but now I replace that mofo when I have one in front of me

might be the AR spring snapping & getting lodged in gears ???

still damn odd it was ok on semi but fails to fire once on auto - just bad crap luck I guess

either way if not spring guide sounds like a strip down :(

taken it to bits down to receiver, with gearbox still in. can still a small screwdriver up its hole and turn the cog.....by the way taken spring out.

ok have kept turning cog and watch piston come back inside gearbox. then pushed piston forward with a long screwdriver. all seems to move ok?????

• Supporters

AR latch ok  ??? - in other words the gears should turn only one way

check the spring guide & try old spring ??

process of elimination - just in case spring is mislabelled

(doubt it but it might have caught or had hookey bit)

clutching at straws really but gotta try old setup and go from there

• Supporters

Go back to old spring and see what happens

could be a fat/bent spring - the std spring might be a short spring

but tbh it should really matter as long as any bearings don't bottom out on spring guide

nowt really to do with spring but just in case new spring is causing the problem go back to old one

compare them both very very carefully side by side - lengths vary a bit but shouldn't matter much

unless you got loads of coils that bottom out on compression

btw if spring has tighter coils at one end - the tighter coil end goes at spring guide

Image result for airsoft irregular spring

the left side of this irregular spring should be at spring guide/back of gearbox

(right - looser coils at piston/front of box/nozzle blah x 3)

it is designed to help the gun start retracting the piston easier

if you fit it ar$e about face it will alter the fps a little - aprox 10fps more I found

a smidge more effort to start but it was shooting in semi

and unless the motor is w@nked it should pull ok

anyway that is how irregular springs should be fitted

oh and see if any piston head bearings are rattling loose

long screwdriver should go down and see if they jangle a lot if screw is working loose

Guest PT247
8 minutes ago, mimozine said:

well its back together and working??? considering i've not actually done anything to it its a miracle, gonna call the vatican

AWESOMES, so what did you change?

didnt change anything. i dont get it. removed stock and then spring. took out motor and removed pistol grip. removed top receiver. then stuck screwdriver into it and rotated gear until piston came all way back. pushed the piston forward with long screw driver. put it back together. and fired it. ????/ im really dont understand. just glad its working. will put 500 rounds through it wednesday night and see if it happens again i suppose?

• Supporters

Probably took out the ultra long bolt action sniper spring and put back the original AEG

nah - don't know about miracles, but swear there is an element of luck/voodoo/witchcraft/gremlins/higher existence

like most things in life there is a kindred spirit we all announce when things go pear shape

usually with me I scream " Arthur Kit Notagen " when they go bang

well guys, just put a full mag through it, semi and full auto, and it all works perfectly. hitting what i aim for at 60m. 

only time it did sound a bit dodgy was on semi when i didnt pull the trigger back the whole way? if that makes sense to anyone?

anyway i think its all good so will be fielding it on the 30th, give it a proper test. got a nice angel custom thunderstorm magazine for it too hehe

Archived