top snipers

Noah
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

Is that £300 per game or for longer period?  I know several people who will charge far less to be your sniper for the day including transport.

If you want a sniper rifle then may need to make that a little clearer ;)

Guest PT247

As has been pretty much said to death, out the box with no upgrades you will struggle to get a high fps rifle with accuracy and durability. For £300 you can get a TM VSR G-Spec and a scope and a couple of spare TM mags. The TM VSR will be putting out at most 305fps on 0.2g BBs so will struggle to compete against AEGs with 450BB hi-caps, 350fps and full auto. It will be pretty accurate though.
If however you are prepared to go the upgrade route, then by a VSR clone nice and cheap and spend out on a new trigger, cylinder, cylinder head, spring, spring guide, hop chamber and barrel. You don't need to go full PDI expense, I would suggest looking at the Action Army upgrades if you only have £300 to play with.

4 hours ago, PT247 said:

As has been pretty much said to death, out the box with no upgrades you will struggle to get a high fps rifle with accuracy and durability. For £300 you can get a TM VSR G-Spec and a scope and a couple of spare TM mags. The TM VSR will be putting out at most 305fps on 0.2g BBs so will struggle to compete against AEGs with 450BB hi-caps, 350fps and full auto. It will be pretty accurate though.
If however you are prepared to go the upgrade route, then by a VSR clone nice and cheap and spend out on a new trigger, cylinder, cylinder head, spring, spring guide, hop chamber and barrel. You don't need to go full PDI expense, I would suggest looking at the Action Army upgrades if you only have £300 to play with.

Are "good" stock snipers in the sub £200 range equal or superior to a 340 @0.2 fps AEG in the same price range in terms of accuracy and consistency (at 20m and 40m addressed separately)?

say if i bought a clone and upgraded it would it compete well with other snipers and i have little knowledge of upgrading snipers is it easy enough to do? 

• Head Moderator
16 minutes ago, Noah said:

i have little knowledge of upgrading snipers is it easy enough to do? 

Some good replies on Thursday, which are still relevant -

https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/topic/35219-good-sniper-to-start-with/

Have a read of this thread from a novice who is learning to upgrade his sniper rifle -

https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/topic/30590-mos-tm-vsr-upgrade-logs/

Thanks and as well what are you thoughts on the Ares striker, would it compete well if i put a m150 or m140 spring in it 

2 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

I just gave some criteria.

OK, to be more specific, the sub £200 sniper rifle might be a bit more consistent and accurate than the sub £200 AEG, but in a skirmish the AEG is going to be the more effective weapon and ultimately more satisfying to play with.

9 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

OK, to be more specific, the sub £200 sniper rifle might be a bit more consistent and accurate than the sub £200 AEG, but in a skirmish the AEG is going to be the more effective weapon and ultimately more satisfying to play with.

And clamped to a bench is kind of what I was referring to. :)

1 hour ago, Noah said:

say if i bought a clone and upgraded it would it compete well with other snipers and i have little knowledge of upgrading snipers is it easy enough to do? 

It depends what you mean by upgrading. If you mean buying stuff and fitting it to your rifle, yes that's easy enough. But upgrading to improve accuracy and range is considerably more involved than that. You need to do your research as to which bits will work well with others, how they might need to be modded to get the most out of...

Do the reading, ask sensible specific questions and you might get sensible, specific answers. Please don't expect to be spoon fed answers to a vague generalised question asked in different wordings in three different threads.

3 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

And clamped to a bench is kind of what I was referring to. :)

Six of one and half a dozen of the other... Except one of them can be slightly crap 800 times a minute. ;)

I'll be happy to snipe for you for £70/game day (+expenses). Spotter can be arranged at extra cost if desired.

• Supporters

Please go to a game, borrow/rent a sniper rifle and play with it. Then after 2 hours of struggling, just put it down and play with an AEG. Don't spend money on it before you do this.

There is no way to be a happy player with a springer rifle before spending £200+ on it and playing many unsuccessful games with it. There is no way around it.

To be able to make that single shot hit, your gun must be good enough to do that, and you yourself must be good enough to do that.

Shoving £200 worth of parts into a gun doesn't make it good. Many hours of tinkering with it to find the balance between the parts makes it good. And that's only half (or less) of the recipe. The bigger half (sic) is you. You must spend many hours on a range just learning to shoot. Then spend many games learning when to and when not to shoot and movement.

Oh, I almost forgot the time you must put into your gear to make it fork for you.

Are you willing to do all this? There are no shortcuts.

16 minutes ago, Samurai said:

Oh, I almost forgot the time you must put into your gear to make it fork for you.

Are you willing to do all this? There are no shortcuts.

I would totally do airsoft sniper shiz if I could throw money at it and skip the tinkering part.

Love it when my gear forks for me.

i have 2 airsoft guns its not my first time. i have and aeg and a gas pistol i just wanted to get a sniper as well. you make it seem like i have never played airsoft before. i just dont have amazing knowledge of whats going on in my guns.

27 minutes ago, Samurai said:

There is no way to be a happy player with a springer rifle before spending £200+ on it and playing many unsuccessful games with it. There is no way around it.

I dunno about the rifle part, but the CYMA 870s are hilarious. I just wish I'd bought the one without a stock.

If you're going to get a spring sniper rifle, then the first thing you need to upgrade is yourself. You need to learn where and how to move, when to shoot and when to stay hidden. You need to know your local site back to front to understand how to get the jump on other players and how to get out when it's about to go pear shaped.

If your going to actually make real improvements to a spring sniper rifle you need to know it inside out. You have to understand what every part does and how it relates to every other part. First you try and get the most from the stock components. By doing this you learn the limitations of what is already in there and hence what needs to be improved and in what way. You learn how to tinker and how little changes can make large differences. Armed with this knowledge you can carefully select components based on value or performance and whether they will work well combined with other components.

Is a bit like a recipe. I could give you a list of ingredients and you'd have absolutely no idea what to do with them. I could then supply you with a list of instructions on how to cook the ingredients but without the knowledge or experience to understand why you're doing something it'll just end up as a dogs dinner.

3 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Nothing you can't fix with a £100 paintjob.

Lipstick on a pig... Or in my case, Flecktarn. ;)

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, Hangtight said:

It depends what you mean by upgrading. If you mean buying stuff and fitting it to your rifle, yes that's easy enough.

That is what I did when I upgraded my gun; bought and fitted a large telescopic sight, bi-pod, torch, PEQ box, tracer unit, sling attachment, and rail covers.  Would have fitted a cup holder on the rails but couldnot find a long enough straw to reach my facemask.  So now my gun is upgraded from medium assault rifle to a heavy gun, sweet. :P

Archived