Good sniper to start with

Noah
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Depends on your budget there quite a few out there 

If you're going to start upgrading then JG BAR 10, WELL MB 01 or pretty much any of the clones. If you just want to get out and use it without feeling the instant need to spend 3 times what the rifle cost in the first place on 'upgrade' parts stump up the cash for a Marui.

• Supporters

Get an ares striker, they don't take much at all to upgrade, and are cheap (have a look on sniper mechanic for review etc)

resale value should be good too as it's a good starter

fyi - I don't own one, I have a tm vsr, tm l96, and a few others that I have poured ££££ into.

And im not to sure how to upgrade is it easy enough to do? i have a basic idea of it and i could probably change the spring and the cylinder but the hop up and barrel seem like hard process.      

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Noah said:

i thought that the ares striker is sh*t because the cylinder doesn't hold enough air

Yes and no, all it means is you cannot take advantage of joule creep .... but it's no big loss to be honest

it dose hold enough air, it just doesn't over volume the barrel

have a look on sniper mechanics blog, it's all there

Hop is where the accuracy is, along with decent ammo. Don't get hung up on 500fps. You can get something like the Well MB 01 and get it shooting nicely and to a good range for almost nothing, just a bit of hard work with a few basic tools and all stock parts. One upgrade will lead to another and another until you've changed almost every part chasing the weakest link. Put a stronger spring in and it'll break something. Pushing BBs out of the barrel at 500fps is useless if the hop can't lift the heavy ammo you need for range and accuracy.

What would i need to upgrade. im not wanting something that is 500fps i just wanted a good sniper that will compete with other ones. i have been using an aeg and i wanted a sniper as well so i can switch between the two use one in one game and one in another.  which is better spending more money or buying cheap one and upgrading?   i also want a sniper that will last is the vsr a good shout, a upgraded clone or many other options .

Guest PT247

best thing to do is use the search facility of this forum, loads of threads about upgrading sniper rifles. Folk tend to get a little frustrated repeating the same info over and over again. Google is your friend too, the VSR is probably the most posted about sniper rifles, bags of info on it if you are prepared to put in the effort yourself to find it!

i have looked around. you have a vsr what do you think? any tips or advice and how much would i have to spend to upgrade one?

Have you used a sniper in a game before though?

I only ask as my I loved the idea of using a sniper, having uber range and hitting everyone i had in my scope.

Used my mates for a game and hated it. Not my play style at all. I actually felt I was hitting people more with my rifle, now it may have been the gun (it was stock, therefore range and accuracy was probably pants) but I preferred a waiting till the enemy was closer and hitting groups with surprised well aimed rifle shots running off hiding up and waiting for the next group to stumble by!

Just saying as lots of people on here want to chuck money at things (snipers n shotguns especially) only to realise it doesnt fit their play style for example.

On 12 April 2017 at 5:15 PM, Dan said:

Depends on your budget there quite a few out there 

I disagree.

there are a lot out there.

but they are all within the same ish price bracket, from £70-£150.

the high end ones are manually upgraded ones/second hand.

Archived