Barrel upgrades gone wrong

Ninjacabbage
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

looking for possible solutions to my apparently botched barrel upgrades,

i upgraded from a 6.08 to a 6.03 tight bore barrel with an r-hop patch hoping to get a few more fps and more shot consistency. Fitted the patch according to what I had learned from various videos and internet sources, ensuring the patch was radius end on the leading edge to avoid pinch jams and properly sanded so a bb can pass easily without any hop engaged. I removed the nub from the bucking and compressed it all together with Ptfe tape to ensure a good seal around the bucking.

however when it comes to firing with no hop a get poor range, like less then 10 metres and with minimal hop engaged the bbs get stuck in the barrel.

any ideas as to cause and solutions would be greatly appreciated

What nub are you using on the hop up? And with the hop dialed right off can you see any of the patch protruding into the bore? It sounds as if you've got a load of hop dialed in, either from the nub, the actual patch install, perhaps the ptfe tape and its stopping the BB from passing underneath it. You should be able to virtually blow a BB past the hop with it all assembled and the hop dialed off.

Archived