Russian/ late Soviet special forces load out?

lukeee.h
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to create a new loadout, based on Russian special forces. I don't really mind if it involves modern Russian or late Soviet (think 1980s Afghanistan) era gear. For clothing I was thinking a mountain BDU Gorka suit with an olive-green combat vest (doesn't need to be too authentic), but I'm a little stuck when it comes to weapons. I have a Makarov GBB pistol which I'll use, but as for primary I'm not sure whether to get an AK 74, AKS 74u or modern Ak74m (black furniture). The site I usually play at is based around an abandoned building complex (cqb) but also with lots of wide spaces outside (with trees etc). If anyone has any recommendations they'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Well the difference in AK furniture depends on the era you end up choosing. If you want to go for an 80s style setup, an AK74 with wood/imitation wood furniture would be a starting point.

As for choosing your era, it depends on what you like as well as gear availability. It's certainly quite easy to get a lot of modern kit, your only constraints are budget and how patient you can be waiting for retailers like Grey Shop to send your order out. I waited ages for my kit to arrive from them, but I did have a large order and back then it took them longer to send it out.

If you go for 80s kit, I don't know a lot. The best forum member to ask would be Ian_Gere, but it seems he's much less active now than he was when I was last a regular contributor to the forum. 

Modern is easier to source but often more expensive. That's not always true though as some items even modern are still very rare. That said there are loads of replica's available for anything from around 2005 to present day kit especially for FSB kit or MVD. If you want to go more old school though it will possibly cost a bit less or be on par with using replica kit at a push depending on what you want. I'm afraid though I can only really help with modern FSB kit and some modern MVD kits as I mainly focus on TsSN FSB Alpha for mine. 

I think the first thing you need to figure out is your budget for the kit. From there people can give you some ideas on what's doable for that price range. Then from there you can start asking yourself how important or not accuracy is for the kit and what type of kit you want. IE recon or direct action?

I hope that helps a little :) 

As for the gun I'm looking at anything between £150-£250. Preferably quite versatile in terms of range and accuracy- the playstyle I naturally tend towards is very recon-based, but equally I wanna feel comfortable moving into a cqb environment (ie inside a building compound) 

I use a AK104 and 105 (basically the same gun but different mags in airsoft terms) which work perfectly for both roles. For that you could get a Cyma CM0.40D (around £130 often less from EU sellers in a sale or £160 ish from the UK). You could then spend the rest on replica zenit co rails and a load of mags and maybe an eotect.

Personally this time of year I would stay away from gorka suits as you will roast in them but if your set on that kit fair enough. I tend to either use BDU style uniforms, partizan suit or my sumrak suit this time of year as gorka will give you heat exhaustion. A SSO partizan suit is the best option in my opinion as they are mostly all reversible to a more tan pattern for Autumn or winter as well as the deep green summer version. They have loads of different patterns to choose the partizan suit in too ranging from SS leto to spectre and even atacs fg. It's only a little more than a gorka suit but they are 110% worth it and way better all year round bar maybe the depths of winter. 

A great chest rig to get with a Spectre partizan suit is either a olive or multicam tasmanian tiger mk2 multipurpose or the J-tec mk2. They are great bits of kit and again won't let you down. 

Archived