CO2 maintainance

Sammolllara
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

My friend's brother was selling his co2 pistol spare mag and lots of co2 cartridges for CHEAP so I purchased them off of him, I've had  a fun time blasting shoots down the garden and so its shoot many bbs today alone, towards the end I noticed the slide getting stuck and I think that this might be because it hasn't be cleaned and lubed for a while. 

Does es this sound likely or is it something else? If it is this can someone tell me how to clean it (I know how to take it apart) and what I should do.

Thanks for reading,

Sam

Would help if you provide the info on the gun what make and model .  Some silicone based oil where the slide moves along would do the trick. As for taking the gun to bits you will need to take the top slide off, most have a catch/button etc below the slide that should release it and slide it off then you can spray the oil on anywhere that looks like it makes contact with moving parts. Replace slide and test , apart from maybe cleaning the barrel once in a while don't drop it in mud and a quick wipe down and relube is enough to keep them functional 

10 hours ago, lemon191 said:

Would help if you provide the info on the gun what make and model .  Some silicone based oil where the slide moves along would do the trick. As for taking the gun to bits you will need to take the top slide off, most have a catch/button etc below the slide that should release it and slide it off then you can spray the oil on anywhere that looks like it makes contact with moving parts. Replace slide and test , apart from maybe cleaning the barrel once in a while don't drop it in mud and a quick wipe down and relube is enough to keep them functional 

Thanks, will get some silicon oil then ;)

There are also maintenance co2 bulbs available which have a bigger amount if lubrication mixed into the co2 , could try running one of those through the gun everynow and then as well 

For most pistols, you'll find a youtube video explaining how to strip it down, the best way to clean & maintain it, and normally any things to watch out for learned through experience of owning it.

if your pistol isn't super rare you shouldn't find it difficult to educate yourself about it on youtube :) 

Archived