TM VSR w/ PDI hop unit not hopping

SeniorSpaz87
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hey guys,

I installed a PDi hop unit (and a full Edgi kit) in my VSR, and my hop rubbers kept tearing. Still having this issue to an extent - replacing the barrel with a Prometheus has allowed around 100 shots with no tearing yet, so fingers crossed - but my main issue is that the gun doesn't seem to hop well at all. If I, say, fire 5 shots with it, one will shoot correctly, two wont hop at all, and two will do a sharp curve right/left about 20 feet out of the barrel. Like a shoot-around-corners turn. I think it may be due to improper engagement from the wide nub that comes with the PDI hop - it almost seems a mm too wide? Also maybe the screws that adjust the hop - grinding them down a bit would allow more pressure to be applied to the nub...

Any thoughts?

Spaz 

Guest PT247

do you have a PDI cylinder head? I don't think PDI bits are compatible with other manufacturers. Either get an Action Army hop chamber or look at replacing your cylinder head with a PDI one (if the threads are compatible with your cylinder.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, PT247 said:

do you have a PDI cylinder head? I don't think PDI bits are compatible with other manufacturers. Either get an Action Army hop chamber or look at replacing your cylinder head with a PDI one (if the threads are compatible with your cylinder.

I do not. My tech says the v2 of the PDI chamber doesnt come with nor need it. Although hes more an AEG guy, sooo....

Guest PT247

I went the Laylax route on my VSR originally due to the PDI compatibility issues, but they may have changed that on new versions, I don't know though!

Archived