L96 hop up help

Dan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi please can someone help me with a guide on how to r hop or hop up consistentsy upgrades to a marui l96 hop unit I have lost the little rubber cushion or nub ? :s I have cut a piece of wire and am using this atm just to fill the gap however the accuracy and consistency is poo and not game worthy I would just like to get it so I can use it properly any help would be much appreciated it's a shame no one makes an upgraded hop unit for this gun or I would just buy a new one .

Flat hop and an eraser nub would be the quick diy option. There's plenty of guides out there that describe the procedure better than I can.

Ok I will look into to that one Iv heard of it but couldn't find anything on it I will look again 

Yer ok mate nice one 

Forgot to mention I'm running it with lower power than most it's about 370 fps with .2 but I'm using .3 as my go too weight so don't need a stupid amount of hop as it would be too much 

If it's completely stock inside then that 360 should get closer to 450 when the air seal is sorted out properly.

Sounds about the same as mine was out of the box.

Simple check. Unscrew the barrel end cap and with it unloaded cock it, put your finger over the end of the barrel and pull the trigger. If the piston hits the end of the cylinder the air seal is poor. The piston should stop and only hit the end of the cylinder once you take your finger off the end of the barrel.

Yer it's stock done an air seal mod with ptfe tape on the cylinder thread and where the hop rubber meets the barrel and it slowly decreases with my finger over the barrel but where the nozzle meets the hop air escapes so guna buy a better cylinder head and hop rubber soon just need to sort this hop up issue out first really then I can progress with upgrades 

The stock cylinder head is fine, as is the bucking. Just do the dental floss mod that's in the guide I linked to at the top. While it's apart you should also flat hop the stock rubber and do the eraser nub. With the stock hop arm carefully shimmed to the hop body these are the things that will make the most difference to the performance.

Ok nice one I will have a look and see what results I get will let you know how I get on 

I've got my old set up you can have for the postage. Barrel, hop with the aluminium arm, eraser nub and flat hop, air seal mod and a standard piston with improved head and seal. Think I've even got the cylinder and spring.

Ok how much you wanting ? And you got a picture ? 

IMAG0158.thumb.jpg.90340756959ace06fe56ee1342546561.jpgIMAG0157.thumb.jpg.9b4eb925f425cefa95a0661e0c7aea31.jpgIMAG0156.thumb.jpg.b00455ee56ab54ffcfdc617ae75445a8.jpgThis is mine atm

Ah. I'd forgotten about the Marui  bit. Unfortunately  the parts aren't compatible.

I didn't think so :/ I'm guna try a couple of different things , Biro, eraser and see what else works I think 

Marui buckings are pretty good. Try the biro mod and the dental floss first. When you do the nozzle end of the bucking put the floss on with the nozzle in the bucking to avoid doing it too tight. Might take a couple of goes but it works. And a couple of turns around the cylinder head threads with ptfe tape won't do any harm. Masking tape barrel spacers don't take long to do.

Yer I will , as for the barrel spacers might be a pain as its got a flutted outer barrel which is tapered lol so that will take a few goes 

Ok so done ptfe tape on the airseal in the cylinder and hop. also done the tooth floss mod on the bucking and ended doing the Biro mod as a nub and electrical tape for a barrel spacer however the constancy is still poo but the gun has more power so will have to get hold of some .36 or higher and have a go 

Archived