Greetings from Alloa (Newbie)

DuncRx7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, I only recently came across airsoft and instantly became intrigued. After some research, I knew this was something I had to try myself. I am looking to jump straight in and hopefully my first session will be at Players of War in Bonnybridge this Sunday (9th April). Despite some of my friends being interested too, nobody is free for the 9th session and since I am impatient , I am going myself! Are there many players who attend there on this forum? Would love to ask a few questions if possible as I have no idea what to expect or what to bring. I am hiring some equipment from the site but still am unsure on what else to bring.

Looking forward to getting involved, hope to meet some of you all on site.

Thanks, Duncan

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, andy87 said:

hey mate am just about to go asked a few mates dont think any1 is really intrested ha how did u get on? 

did you go your self? 

was it better than expected

I ended up going myself and totally loved it. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I've been every single game day since then... Now I've got my own gun, working on my loadout and really enjoying myself. Are you planning to go to players of war?

4 minutes ago, DuncRx7 said:

I ended up going myself and totally loved it. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I've been every single game day since then... Now I've got my own gun, working on my loadout and really enjoying myself. Are you planning to go to players of war?

brill ive looked at it for years and none of my mates were intrested so i gave it a miss but just wanna give it a shot now. was looking at section 8 near shotts for my first game.

have you played there? 

what is players of war? 

was it all diffrent games all day? 

15 minutes ago, andy87 said:

brill ive looked at it for years and none of my mates were intrested so i gave it a miss but just wanna give it a shot now. was looking at section 8 near shotts for my first game.

have you played there? 

what is players of war? 

was it all diffrent games all day? 

I am the same, I looked it at a few years ago and didn't bother but looked again and just went for it, no regrets. You can guarantee that you'll find people there. I've never been to Section 8 but I have heard a lot of good things about the site and the players who attend. Players of War is a game site in Bonnybridge near Stirling. Yeah the games are usually split up into different modes etc.

38 minutes ago, DuncRx7 said:

just had a look at the players of war site looks good too and well good price

was it hard to be come a UKARA member? 

do you need to take proof of who you are? 

18 hours ago, andy87 said:

just had a look at the players of war site looks good too and well good price

was it hard to be come a UKARA member? 

do you need to take proof of who you are? 

It's my local, once I've got more of a loadout, me and a few others will probably try elsewhere too. Whatever site you play on will register you with them. You will have to play 3 different game days and wait 56 days from the first session to apply for UKARA. It's free and easy enough. ID wouldn't hurt, passport, driving licence etc.

3 minutes ago, andy87 said:

brill cheers so much info ha 

kool i think might go here for first game looks really good venue

are the hire guns good? 

do u have a side arm now aswell? 

Yeah just jump in head first, best way to do it. Each site will have its own way of doing things and different community but as a whole the sites around here are great. Hire guns do the job, obviously peoples own are better but they do for the day. Nah not yet, I am picking one up on Sunday for the next game day. 

• 4 weeks later...

Bit late to the party ... :wacko:

Try Edinburgh Airsoft (land warrior) and also Enemy Down , South and West sides of Edinburgh.

HTH

Archived