£300 budget for new gun?

SELTS090
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

19 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

TBH I don't hate all G&G's and the CM18 MOD1 is a nice first M4

comes with midcap - perhaps should of been a high cap

and don't like the flash hider - a QD one but nah stick a stubby suppressor on there

BUT a nice looking gun for a G&G

Image result for cm18 mod1 uk

How different is the MOD1 from the SRL and TR4 (the AEGs I was considering before I viewed this thread). 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, ljkenny said:

How different is the MOD1 from the SRL and TR4 (the AEGs I was considering before I viewed this thread). 

Old school trigger, polymer receiver

but G&G's polymer are a little more flexible than the usual harder/brittle plastic receivers of before

(so the idea they don't just break up in colder weather like the really hard cheap plastic from China etc....)

it has a 275mm barrel they say so it is a nice length that sits well for most instances

(though you can use whatever you like but I find a 250-300 barrel is a good all rounder)

It is kind of like a big brother or Daddy of FireHawk

Longer RIS, same flip up sights and I "think" they should have the better blue "powerful motor" in there aprox 25k

much better than $hite std 18k motor on Raiders & some others

BUT don't quote me as manufacturers do switch stuff around a bit

The SR-L range very likely is a polymer receiver but there are some metal receiver options I think

Not sure if the limited RED guns were metal or still polymer

I know that a BOT 300 can come with either a polymer and/or metal receiver depending on price tag

Not sure about the Predator & Hog's if they are all metal/polymer or a mixture

What I do know is that the price of the new CM's is a fair bit for a Polymer Combat Machine

When you consider or compare it against a £120-£130 Raider and most of the same stuff is inside

Then add in the ETU hit n miss fiasco and hmmmm maybe have a think about the extra money

(sure they look nice but then so they should do for a tarted up Raider - bit cruel but half true)

The Top Tech or Advanced stuff should be metal receiver, some have a basic non ETU mosfet

Some of these higher end models may have blowback or PBB with a fancy cylinder on top

These blowback boxes "can" crack a little bit more easily than std non blowback boxes if pushed

I'm not into blowback but others love/like the feature, though G&G seem to be phasing these PBB boxes out now

You need to very carefully check each model on the TT Advanced range as they can vary Std/PBB boxes

Also some might but most of them won't have a basic mosfet fitted as standard

So you are paying more for a metal receiver and a few extra bits but not much different inside really

(So again research and decide if it really is worth spending the extra)

Once you get up to £300 or so many people think you should stop looking at G&G's and consider others

Eg: Krytac, Evo or get a nice gun tweaked to your spec

I would go for an Ics par M3 or Cxp UK1r both a tad over £300 but seem to be quite good, I wanted one of the above but my budget was lower due to having a baby and missus would be tapping her foot :P so went for and Ics m4a1 instead  think most of them come with two hi caps too .. 

Archived