£300 budget for new gun?

SELTS090
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon all,

Looking to get a new gun but not sure what to go for, ive had a scorpion evo and didnt like it. Heres a list of what ive tried so far:

aa12

ksg

evo

krytac sdp

well mb01

Im thinking of trying a G&G rk74-3 but ive seen mixed review on quality?

Looking for some help to decide - i like playing cqb but do play woodlands somtimes so need something with some range - tempted to try an ak format this time?

overall got around 400 for mags and etc.

pleaseee help

Thanks

What guns do you have/had previously, some guns have expensive additional accessories (like the scorpion - double the gun cost)

Do you already have magazines for M4s, any others? pouches etc.

Also, CQB/Field?

in the past ive had:

tm aa12

tm ksg

cyma ak47

krytac sdp

scorpion evo

well mb01

i dont have much other than m4 pouches and 7.4 lipos left so that extra £100 would be for mags and naybe a red dot.

i mainly play cqb but the lads are starting to play feild abit more so need something for both?

thanks

• Supporters

Not being funny - just buy a gun(s) you like

then get it rebuilt to your spec

You seemed to have tried a mixture - so get something you like & then built to shoot how you like

Not being funny but anything G&G & ETU I would avoid especially if you got 7.4v's

(I await one or two owners might say otherwise but 7.4v ETU's don't go well for most)

• Supporters
Just now, ljkenny said:

Why avoid G&G?  I was looking to buy one myself.

G&G's are some of the best Starter M4's out there - I highly recommend them (honest)

HOWEVER - not all G&G's I recommend with the same level of enthusiasm

Their std mosfets in their TopTech stuff years ago where supposed to be $hite

Their DSG FIreHawk was designed and launched by some crack heads (no semi on a CQB gun - wtf ?)

The ETU first launched on M4's - the SR range then Predator/Hog stuff and people started to have issues

The battery recommended in manual - first said 7.4v or 9.6v but even some 9.6v didn't work too great

Then some manuals dropped the 7.4v and suggested 9.6v and/or 11.1v but modest 20c lipo

still some people where having issues with 9.6v

Also remember the G&G crane Stock GOS-V3 looks nice but isn't ultra spacious so range of 11.1v lipo is limited

Then if you do get the thing running it still may not last, the tiny switches are not ultra industrial heavy duty

Many have replaced the picky 3rnd burst mosfet and then found later on the ETU switch inside the box craps out

G&G & some retailers were slow to respond and various stories or excuses were issued

Some people said G&G would replace any faulty 3rnd burst mosfets but retailers didn't know anything about it

It was a bloody disaster all round with the 3rnd mosfet low voltage cutting out on good batteries etc....

The ETU is the actual trigger unit & in a AKit will be a v3 switch and it might be a bit better than the first v2's in M4's

BUT still uses the same iffy problematic 3rnd burst unit

Now don't get me wrong - they might have improved the 3rnd mosfet unit which is where the main issue was

(just said the voltage cut out was too low and said nope not firing no more = why you need 11.1v not 9.6v)

BUT BUT BUT

The new G&G PDW 15 CQB HoneyBadger model recently launched doesn't have the ETU

(draw your own conclusion as to why they didn't risk fitting this with superduper ETU)

Also they are making a new smaller ETU2 & revised 3rnd + 5rnd burst mosfet which is hopefully better

Let's face it, can't be no f*cking worse than the original 3rnd mosfet unit

Look I like G&G's - honest

but if something is $hit I will rip it to bits - I'm no fanboy if something is crap

My own FFR A2 crapped out so I replaced it all with regular trigger & runs sweet on all volts

Their TopTech stuff is a bit dear I feel & people like Krytac have overtook or made big inroads in the high/mid range

Their Starter stuff is great but their new innovations most certainly suck

There MARS system seems to have fallen on its ar$e

They will revise the v2's with screws on the correct side eventually they say this year (probably late/next year)

They make a big deal about new v2's having o-ring nozzles - ffs why not fit them anyway

Still no full work in progress on many innovations just CGI animations

AND what super innovations are out there are f*cking crap at best

apart from that they doing great bringing new stuff to the market

But if you wanna buy one then yeah go for it - you might get lucky

just letting ya know the ETU guns so far have had many reliability issues

They might have fixed them - but I'm still unsure if I'd buy another ETU G&G

(well no - I can honestly say I wouldn't unless it was going to be a silly price and just rip the thing out asap)

8 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

I think I was trying to elaborate - as per usual think I started and just went way way off on a rage/tangent

(again)

Ha ha!  Yes, you did a little.

However, it was all good info, so thanks for taking the time to get that down.

It is the entry level M4 AEGs I was looking at, so hopefully they won't be a complete disaster.

OOI, if you had £200-300 in your pocket to buy your first M4 type AEG, what would you spend it on? 

• Supporters

Simple answer cheap or s/hand Krytac

other answers:

(these don't have mosfet like Krytac has)

https://gunfire.pl/eng_m_Automatic-Electric-Guns-516.html

(maybe the SAEC™ versions coz easy spring change)

TBH I don't hate all G&G's and the CM18 MOD1 is a nice first M4

comes with midcap - perhaps should of been a high cap

and don't like the flash hider - a QD one but nah stick a stubby suppressor on there

BUT a nice looking gun for a G&G

Image result for cm18 mod1 uk

avoid SRC, just be careful of some makes

ICS are very nice too but I like the G&G's

D-Boys are ok but hop is crap

Cyma's are ok but think they should stick to AK's perhaps

• Mostly Retired Moderators

One G&G I've always wanted to encounter in the wild and have a go on was the CQB-S Mini.

eng_pl_GR4-CQB-S-MINI-carbine-replica-bl

eng_pl_GR4-CQB-S-MINI-carbine-replica-bl

Looks cool and is supposed to be a good rifle if you want a CQB gun. But I've never even held one so I cant comment.

• Supporters

think the CQB-Mini is a blowback which is fine if you like the clickety clackety...

I'm not into into clickety clackety so keep it simple (like me :)) & no blowback

(less stuff to go wrong or me blow up taking the pi$$. Blowbacks at high speed don't do too well)

End of the day the gun doesn't matter too much as long as it's half decent

the person holding it is the one who can win/lose a game/round

I'm forever cursed to get owned by that 12 year old with a JBBG springer - no matter how good my gun is :(

• Moderators

iCS was my 1st....2nd, 3rd and so far 4th AEG, why, all my parts are compatible with the other so  easy for me to change on the day

oh and it was Trigs idea :D:D

ive now got my brother doing the same which is great if we have issues in games

take a look, new UK1 is nice :D

thanks for the response guys - ive actually been out and brought a firehawk for cqb sites with some extras and going to look at something else for woodland use if this isnt any good :) gives me some cash to spend upgrading it or invest in a 2nd weapon 

1st thing first is to get the bloody sound amp off it!

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, djben9 said:

iCS was my 1st....2nd, 3rd and so far 4th AEG, why, all my parts are compatible with the other so  easy for me to change on the day

oh and it was Trigs idea :D:D

Only doing my bit for airsoft and trying to help players from making a silly decision like buying a Firehawk or some equally stupid gun.

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

Only doing my bit for airsoft and trying to help players from making a silly decision like buying a Firehawk or some equally stupid gun.

ahahaha, i dont mind ill find something to fit my style eventually

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

I bought a FireHawk as my first RIF too

ignore Trigger he just hates G&G or is the owners of G&G

actually think it's both

Just G&G and not all just most. Firehawk is a horrible little f*cker though that stupid duck bill and silly noise especially in cqb. If I am sneaking around and a team mate tries to follow me with one of those I shoot him myself to prevent that stupid thing announcing where you are.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

That always makes me chuckle at The Mall, when everyone is milling about before a game and people are test firing their weapons.

You'll have the kids with their Firehawks proudly push to the head of the queue and let off a burst hoping to see everyone reacting to the noise.

The airsoft equivalent of putting a fat exhaust silencer on your Citroen saxo.

;)

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

The airsoft equivalent of putting a fat exhaust silencer on your Citroen saxo.

;)

Some of us remember the Vauxhall Nova before that .... slightly OT:P:P:rolleyes:

Archived