Will I get PME?

Katana
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I started shaving the front of the shs, the groove where the nozzle sits is now in the middle.

Went to put it into the gearbox and noticed that it just would not shut no matter what I did. I then realised that you have to take a massive chunk out of the bottom portion of each side of the tappet otherwise it won't properly sit in the groove. Using this as a last resort I tried something else...again. 

Put the lonex tappet in, spring on, sector delay chip OFF. And there we go, I went through a whole mag of 0.28's in semi and full auto on the 7.4 and the results were terrible but then I thought that I was using pts epm mags that are prone to have overfiling problems and whilst I didn't have the issues beforehand, the cycling speed of the gun has changed slightly so I released a quick spray of bb's onto the floor and tried again...cleared the mag perfectly. 

Next up the 11.1, reload about 2/3rd's of the mag, mag in and boom, semi-auto is looking good and finally the ring stinger of fully auto.....oh shieet it works. 

So how is it that I tried the lonex tappet and no sector delay chip and it didn't work and yet with the sector delay clip it worked on semi making things even weirder? THE ******* MAG

Are you kidding me?!?!:lol:

After all of this, the mag was the bastarding culprit. Bought one of those fancy winding wheel speedloaders and didn't realise how much I had been filling the mags. 

So now, hopefully the fps is about right and at least I know for sure that the gun is now working. I'll still ease off of full auto on an 11.1v even though I don't use it that often but when someone is cheating... :ph34r::P

Got a spare brand new SHS 14.5 tooth piston so if the piston I have craps out, I have a spare although I think I'll need to grind down the 3rd tooth a bit to get dat smooth flowing AOE. Comes pre-glued and lightened from ak2m4 which is pretty sweet. Saves me having to do it anyway.

Another thanks to you Mr Duck for helping me out with the gat. Much appreciated ^_^

• Supporters

Tell me about the F*cking mags...

Had exact same issue with ASG Armalite one - feed issues

and stripped gun messing with stuff - mid caps feed better - right ???

WRONG -  2 bb's now and then were getting wedged tight side by side like pistol mags but they stuck just now n then

(or they got caught at the snakey curved bit in mid-cap)

Thing is I should of known this - always try other mags etc....

BUT when you remove mag couple of bb's drop out & it looks all pushing upwards so the mag appears full & feeding ok

plus it is a mid cap - mid caps are better right ???

WRONG - not iffy mid-cap

Tried a high cap - streams of white flew out of gun

Though after that the air turned a dark royal navy blue

So I feel your WTF !!!!!

Something wasn't quite right though - the bit where bb's were dropping way short wasn't a mag related issue

plus presume you was using exact same mags as was a few days prior so couldn't be mags ???

Ergh yeah maybe - rule #1 = don't rule nothing out !!!

No worries, you have a bit more understanding than before

The "fun" we have trying to fix these stupid piles of crap

All of this adds up and I know I'm still learning as I go too

Especially the bit about not trusting mags completely - be a long while before I make that mistake (hopefully)

Yup think we have all been there and steamed in thinking is has to be this or that

Think the new stronger tappet spring might have helped a slightly iffy seal

Ahh well live & learn as they say - live & learn

Archived