Modifying your gear

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been messing around with holsters for a while now and just couldn't find anything that worked for me. Drop legs were way too bulky and I always felt like the belt clip was going to slip off. After a few games of not getting on with my holster I started experimenting with mounting my drop leg holster higher up but it dug into my hip. I've now cut it down, removed one of the leg straps and shortened the belt strap. I've now got a super solid, low profile holster that sits right where I want it. Thoroughly recommend messing around with all your gear until you get it right. I always see people at skirmishes using kit straight out the box that clearly doesn't work or for them properly, from holsters round their knees to mesh face masks that haven't even been bent to fit their face and stick out the sides. The real thing is function over form. Way too many people focus on staying as much stuff to them as possible and I definitely did that to begin with too and suffered for it. Find what works for you and of it doesn't work then make it.

IMG_20170406_202935.jpg

IMG_20170406_202902.jpg

IMG_20170406_202848.jpg

149150827734556775755.jpg

1491508300275582186010.jpg

That's actually pretty cool hadn't seen that before. I still prefer having a strap round my leg though, just makes it more solid. Plus I like to sit and tinker with things.

• Supporters

I did much the same thing with my Safariland copy. People set their leg rigs way too low to be practical and then moan about how much they flap about. I actually got the Safariland universal drop adaptor thingy which brought it up nicely. My HK45 however nestles into a Fobus on their thigh rig which hinges right at my hip joint so happy days!

Archived