UKAPU FPS Chart

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Figure I might pitch in with all the self serving news posts with something else.

http://www.ukapu.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Absolute-fps_chart.pdf

UKAPU member Tim Jacobs has made up this useful chart which shows the velocity of various weight BBs at 1.3J and 2.5J (the new legal power limits for airsoft). It's a nice way to illustrate the point that with heavier BBs the permissible muzzle velocity is greatly reduced.

I'd imagine there's a fair few people who currently own airsoft replicas that are set up to fire at just below the common site limit of 350fps on a 0.20g BB, yet some of those replicas could fire 0.25g BBs at more than 335fps, which is over the 1.3J legal limit.

Sadly there's still been no PCA clarifications from the government. With the commencement orders for the firearms provisions supposedly due to be issued in the Spring, this is completely unreasonable. UKAPU and UKARA were promised in March last year that these issues would be looked at, and both organisations continue to pursue the matter.

Matt

https://www.facebook.com/UKAPU/posts/1207033006076334

I saw this on FB the other day. All well and good except that it's not reflective of "Most" sites LOWER Limits (e.g., 350fps on an AEG/Pistol, 500fps on a Bolt action). I fear that the newer players won't realize and still turn up with a hot gun (And an argument).

2 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

The legal limit is the legal limit, UKAPU have provided this in order for people to remain within the law not to ensure they meet the arbitrary limits their local site have set. 

Going to be pretty annoying for those very few players which turn up and get chronoed at 20 and 30 and rated hot on 30 but only have 20s in their magazines. /sarcasm. :)

"your gun is hot"

"but it's not shooting hot; you're chronoing it hot"

"you saying I can't use my BBs?"

"yes"

"what will I do?"

"I can sell you some 0.20g BBs"

16 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

The legal limit is the legal limit, UKAPU have provided this in order for people to remain within the law not to ensure they meet the arbitrary limits their local site have set. 

Yeah I get that but the chart should have a footnote that states that local site limits (Which MUST stay within the legal limit) must also be followed.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Snakeeyes75 said:

Yeah I get that but the chart should have a footnote that states that local site limits (Which MUST stay within the legal limit) must also be followed.

Why? surely the sites have that covered within their rules? 

On 4/12/2017 at 5:43 PM, jcheeseright said:

Why? surely the sites have that covered within their rules? 

Any newbie that sees this new chart "May" get confused. My local site swapped to Joule limits about 6 months ago. Most have managed to get a head around the power kerb that is needed however I've also seen arguments break out as they've read about 1.3J being the "New limit". 

1 hour ago, Snakeeyes75 said:

Any newbie that sees this new chart "May" get confused. My local site swapped to Joule limits about 6 months ago. Most have managed to get a head around the power kerb that is needed however I've also seen arguments break out as they've read about 1.3J being the "New limit". 

What exactly would that argument sound like?

13 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

What exactly would that argument sound like?

Essentially

Side A: But there's a new LAW that states 1.3J is the new legal limit

Side B: Our site limit is lower....

Side A: but i've just spent a lot of money setting my gun up to 1.3J and I've come all the way from Tatooine to play here today.....

Side B: Well then, F*ck off back to Tatooine! 

1 hour ago, Snakeeyes75 said:

Essentially

Side A: But there's a new LAW that states 1.3J is the new legal limit

Side B: Our site limit is lower....

Side A: but i've just spent a lot of money setting my gun up to 1.3J and I've come all the way from Tatooine to play here today.....

Side B: Well then, F*ck off back to Tatooine! 

God people are stupid.

1 hour ago, Sacarathe said:

God people are stupid.

Exactly! That's why there can't be any room for error with the OP chart. Same reason why Cruise control comes with a "This is not Autopilot" on (Some) cars lol

• 1 month later...
On 16/04/2017 at 2:56 PM, jcheeseright said:

There is no room for error, those are the LEGAL limits.  Exactly as advertised. 

Found This Useful FPS calculator that works out the Kinetic energy your gun produces by taking into consideration your site Limit,FPS & the weight of the BB's you are firing.

It also has a chart below to help you see if your current setup is LEGAL/safe.

Hope this helps.

Happy Hunting one & all   ;)

Archived