Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sacarathe

UKAPU FPS Chart

Recommended Posts

I saw this on FB the other day. All well and good except that it's not reflective of "Most" sites LOWER Limits (e.g., 350fps on an AEG/Pistol, 500fps on a Bolt action). I fear that the newer players won't realize and still turn up with a hot gun (And an argument).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

The legal limit is the legal limit, UKAPU have provided this in order for people to remain within the law not to ensure they meet the arbitrary limits their local site have set. 

 

Going to be pretty annoying for those very few players which turn up and get chronoed at 20 and 30 and rated hot on 30 but only have 20s in their magazines. /sarcasm. :)

 

"your gun is hot"

"but it's not shooting hot; you're chronoing it hot"

 

 

"you saying I can't use my BBs?"

"yes"

"what will I do?"

"I can sell you some 0.20g BBs"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

The legal limit is the legal limit, UKAPU have provided this in order for people to remain within the law not to ensure they meet the arbitrary limits their local site have set. 

 

Yeah I get that but the chart should have a footnote that states that local site limits (Which MUST stay within the legal limit) must also be followed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snakeeyes75 said:

 

Yeah I get that but the chart should have a footnote that states that local site limits (Which MUST stay within the legal limit) must also be followed.

 

Why? surely the sites have that covered within their rules? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2017 at 5:43 PM, jcheeseright said:

 

Why? surely the sites have that covered within their rules? 

 

Any newbie that sees this new chart "May" get confused. My local site swapped to Joule limits about 6 months ago. Most have managed to get a head around the power kerb that is needed however I've also seen arguments break out as they've read about 1.3J being the "New limit". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snakeeyes75 said:

 

Any newbie that sees this new chart "May" get confused. My local site swapped to Joule limits about 6 months ago. Most have managed to get a head around the power kerb that is needed however I've also seen arguments break out as they've read about 1.3J being the "New limit". 

 

What exactly would that argument sound like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snakeeyes75 said:

 

Essentially

 

Side A: But there's a new LAW that states 1.3J is the new legal limit

Side B: Our site limit is lower....

Side A: but i've just spent a lot of money setting my gun up to 1.3J and I've come all the way from Tatooine to play here today.....

Side B: Well then, F*ck off back to Tatooine! 

 

God people are stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sacarathe said:

 

God people are stupid.

 

Exactly! That's why there can't be any room for error with the OP chart. Same reason why Cruise control comes with a "This is not Autopilot" on (Some) cars lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2017 at 2:56 PM, jcheeseright said:

There is no room for error, those are the LEGAL limits.  Exactly as advertised. 

 

Found This Useful FPS calculator that works out the Kinetic energy your gun produces by taking into consideration your site Limit,FPS & the weight of the BB's you are firing.

It also has a chart below to help you see if your current setup is LEGAL/safe.

 

Hope this helps.

 

Happy Hunting one & all   ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...