Metal stock

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone know of any metal stocks available for an M4 AEG? All the aftermarket ones and spares seem to be polymer, and I want to shift the CG further to the rear by adding some counterweight to the stock.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

This is uncanny!

I've just finished the design on my new M4 Stock platform.

I call it the "Crane M2-Owwww-3"

jKgv6lo.png

You can still shoulder the rifle, but you can also send a MOSCART into the face of anyone trying to sneak up on you for that illusive knife-kill!

I think it'll be right up your street, adding functionality and the extra weight you desire to the rear of the gun!

• Supporters

I await Trigger to chime in with usual G&G dig

something like - "More fps in reverse than going forward..."

OP - Don't think you will find what you seek so easily

there are metal skeleton stocks but don't think they will be much much heavier...

Image result for madbull ace skeleton stock medium

folding stocks...

Image result for M4 folding stock

but where do ya put your battery now

full size fixed stock but no adjustment on stock length

Image result for M4 full fixed stock

there is a stubby one which I like on smaller guns like FireHawk for CQB

Image result for M4 stubby fixed stock

There might be other options but these are the main alternatives to plastic/polymer crane or magpul clones

Get a good sling will help a little

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Actually, a full-stock might be a good idea.

The JG Full stock has a huuuuge cavern inside it.

Epoxy some metal weight in there and you'll be laughing!

I'm on a hunt for a chunky stock too, but not for weight. I'm looking at building an M4 based SAW, and I need somewhere to put a gert big lipo brick. No point having a 5000 round box mag if you can't fire the whole lot... The Vietnam M16 had a void big enough to have an echo, but I'm after something more tacticool. It doesn't even have to be a buffer tube stock as long as there's enough material to cobble something reliable together.

Yeah I need my adjustable - I always change it when going between woodland and cqb on skirmishes (my main site has both in the field).

i thought about buying some lead shot, bagging it up and taping it to the inside of the buffer tube.

love the backwards m203 lol

Archived