BB Suggestions

Crashtest33
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi chaps/esses.

I've been using G&G .25g & .28g competition BBs with my GBB pistol for donkeys.

Is it worth switching or trying different brands for my TM recoil AEG? (340fps, 6.03 Promy)

In my experience, 'you get what you pay for' and I'm happy to spend as long as they're good.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Never had a issue with blasters , have used the new nuprol ones and didn't notice any issues but only used 1 bottle so can't really comment much on it 

Ive never had an issue with 0.25s from blaster and ive gone through 30k+ rounds, and theyre way cheaper than most others (on PB atleast) at 17 quid for 9k rounds.

As noted in the other post, tried the new nuprol 0.28s and had nothing but problems, couldnt get through 20 rounds without a jam

Ok cool. 

I've not had an issue with the G&Gs, just wondering if there's something that'll give me an even closer more consistent grouping.

I'll have a look at the ASG Blasters 0.28g

Are Geoff's comparable?

As I say, money isn't an issue. Just want the best.

I've found 'Devil Blaster'. 

Are they not the ones I want?

I use ASG Blaster Devils - .25 or .28 for my AEG, and Geoffs .40s for my sniper.

Bog standard ASG Blaster .20s for my pistol.

• Head Moderator

I just use ASG Blaster 0.25g or Blaster Devil 0.28g for my TM recoil.  Not tried any higher weight, i.e. 3.0g

• Moderators

ASG Blaster 0.25g for me with some excell 0.20's im finishing off (mainly urban as closer range)

1 minute ago, djben9 said:

ASG Blaster 0.25g for me with some excell 0.20's im finishing off (mainly urban as closer range)

Devil Blasters ok too? Or stick with the standards?

• Moderators

Ive not tried them yet to be honest so cant help you out there

but not had any issue with the blasters

The Devils seem to have a bit more polish than the standard Blasters. I get better accuracy with the Devils in my R hopped guns than the same weight Blaster. For days when I'm kind of sticking to semi and I want the range and accuracy then Devil 0.28, for trigger happy full auto days then the standard Blaster 0.25s.

You'll probably get as many answers as there are decent BB brands. ;)

Thanks Hangtight.

As you can see the ASG Blasters are a pretty unanimous vote here. I was expecting BB Bastard or Geoff's or something.

I'm NOT trigger-happy when I play so .28 Devils should do nicely.

17 hours ago, Kash said:

whats the differnce between blaster devils and regular blasters

The devils have a slightly smoother finish. They'll fire at a slightly higher fps and respond better to a good hop setup.

Of course, all these differences are micro micro differences.

On 05/04/2017 at 3:22 PM, Crashtest33 said:

I'm NOT trigger-happy when I play

Wheres the fun in that?

Depending on the day i can go through maby, 3-4.5k which is why i like the blasters, cheap as chips but top notch quality for the money

But i generally go for it. all the time, whats the fun in sitting at the back like im scared of whats goin on infront of me.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Kash said:

Wheres the fun in that?

Depending on the day i can go through maby, 3-4.5k which is why i like the blasters, cheap as chips but top notch quality for the money

But i generally go for it. all the time, whats the fun in sitting at the back like im scared of whats goin on infront of me.

Learn how to aim then.

I use at most 5 to 6 hundred in a full day of cqb and even less if I am outdoors.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Kash, you realise you can get in on the action at the front and not be unleashing a horizontal hailstorm at the same time?

I've become a semi-only player, save for suppressing fire when it allows. I've made 3000 rounds last four games now.

And I've not had any less fun or fewer hits than normal.

But each to their own.

Im still kinda in the "enjoying the funswitch" phase, and given the bushes people hide in at my site sometimes it takes a fair few to get through the shrubbery.

I intended to go to single shot, but that hasnt happend yet

• Moderators
2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

I've become a semi-only player, save for suppressing fire when it allows. I've made 3000 rounds last four games now 

Same with me, hardly use auto just single shot or quick taps 

Archived