Bad eggs

Oli.Hanks
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So as we all know any batch comes with a bad egg or two but in airsoft especially the second hand selling part of it this seems especially prevelant obviously if your careful this can be quiet easilly avoided but what do you think is our community diluted with scammers and (mind my french) d*cks let me know id like to hear your opinions and should there be some sort of safeguard to prevent this?

Oli.

Dealings with forum members of this here parish have been absolutely fine, but on the two occasions I bought off the Zero In forum I got ripped off. Items not as described, or damaged by kack handed idiots before being resold as unused.

• Supporters

I'm almost always the seller, but I've bought a fair few things on forums and facebook groups too, never had any transaction with another player go bad and I've easily bought/sold 100+ bits of kit over the years.  I've had people try to buy RIFs without a defence very blatantly, but they were easily seen through.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the best option is alway collect the item from the persons house if possible test it in the garden. If the person get cagey about you collecting it from there house then that should ring alarm bells, I know its tempting to purchase something from far away which seems so cheap but is it worth taking the risk?...

Thats just my way of dealing and ive purchased some nice kit and RIF from this forums :)

• Supporters

This is even more relevant to me - I will often buy something and then not see it for months due to me living in the US and only being in the UK in December and July. I had one poor gun deal that set me back a bit, but I have also had several since then and they've all been fine. I do know of scammers out there, but they often target newer players who don't know quite what's what. 

• Supporters

I purchased one gun from these forums and one from UsedAirsoft, both guns were just as described, and both people really nice, I would agree with the others, try dealing face to face at a house, I'd rather not have to wait for someone to post to me. 

I have to admit because of the way the seller I brought my gun off acted and behaved I chose to sell on here rather than elsewhere. 

Stick to the age old saying, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is, and you won't go far wrong. If you have any doubts, ask someone who's in the know. (Plenty here and at most sites) Just my 2 pence worth.

Never had any issues buying or selling on here or on another airsoft community page on FB.

will admit this forum is my go to page when im looking for 2nd hand stuff.

Bought my sniper off a guy on here, thing shoots like a laser and constantly outsnipes other people. So long as you're careful you shouldn't  get ripped off through here what with the feedback etc. Plus the regulars who call people out when they shitpost a gun and ask for more than it's worth :D

Archived