Plate Carrier vs Belt System

Katana
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I run both a plate carrier and I run a belt and I'm thinking of moving some of my mag pouches onto my belt system but I wondered what the downsides are to loading up your belt compared to your plate carrier?

I run 3 double stack WAS fast mag pouches, the ones that are similar to the Taco's if anyone is wondering. Belt system is a HSGI riggers belt with HSGI padder inner belt. I'm asking because I am debating buying some malice clips right now to accomodate 1 or possibly 2 mag pouches on my belt. 

Plenty of people run belt set ups only thing that might be worth considering is the shoulder straps to help take some of the weight and stop the belt slipping 

I've just moved from a was plate carrier/chest rig to an hsgi suregrip belt and mav chest rig with just a couple of mags on the chest rig and the rest on the belt , first time Out i hadn't got any suspenders for the belt but tbh it didn't really move at all , I have now got the suspenders to go with it which I'm going to be trying out on Saturday , but the mini chest rig and belt were a lot more comfy than just a fully loaded plate carrier set up I had 

I switch between a plate carrier, full vest and belt. When we get into the hotter months, I will probably switch to the belt for longer games to stop me turning into a overloading nuclear reactor, but I normaly use sholder straps to help stabalise the belt, find sometimes it can start to move, exspecially once its got all my mags and grenades on it, running and fast movements tend to cause it to drop slightly, which irritates me.

Does anyone feel faster and able to move around easier with the weight on your hips as opposed to your torso for the plate carrier? Are things like laying prone easier because there is less or nothing on your front?

Archived