G&G GC16 SR-L Stops working?

Arrowwolf
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I've had my G&G GC16 SR-L for a few months now with 9.6v battery's as the company I bought it off said that is what the gun needs. I have had nothing but trouble with this gun, every game I use it, it dies after about 30mins or so it changes every time, if I pull the trigger nothing happens, if i unplug the battery and re plug it in it sometime starts working again aswell. I've taken it back to the shop they have tested it with the battery's and said their is nothing wrong with it, which I can't understand as every time I use it, it stops working. Has anyone had this problem? Or know what might be wrong? I was thinking of getting a 11.1v li-po

Thanks

• Supporters

Yeah a lipo charger will be required

A B3 type is cheap n cheerful and charges through balance lead

A B6 type is a good charger that charges everything

Depends on budget but if you can afford a Genuine - there are many fakes

A Genuine I-Max B6 type charger + a PSU for it

Google up some reading about lipo's & chargers

Or ring component shop and they can advise you more

If you read up a bit, you can buy lipo's n charger from hobbyking but be careful you purchase from HobbyKing UK or EU

It is easy to accidentally order from HobbyKing China/Hong Kong and wait yonks

Lipo's are way forward, often a tweaked gun will be fine on just 7.4v

But in your case it gets picky on low volts so keep it low burst C rating

So ya want a 11.1v 20c small lipo and you will be fine

It won't be too nutz coz G&G motors are not that fast anyway

But yeah picky ETU guns often run better on modest 11.1v

Some work ok but many reports of moody ETU's needing a bit more juice

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much mirroring the above advice but.....

Definitely buy an 11.1v lipo for it. 

I bought a G&G wildhog a couple of months ago which has the mosfet/etu in it and in my user manual it recommends an 11.1v lipo battery. Well it gives you a part number which if you Google it, it comes up with an 11.1v lipo on G&G's website. (I think it's G&G's website... Can't remember really) either way it's an 11.1v 20c lipo battery. 

So that's exactly what I ordered for it. Works amazingly. Definitely much much better than the 9.6v nimh I tried it out with when the gun showed up on my door. :)

Trigger response is epic and rof is, well, immense! 

I always change my battery out at lunchtime too. Especially as I'm a bit trigger happy on semi. 

As such my batteries always seems to be just above the mosfets voltage cut off limit by lunchtime. (just under 3.8v per cell)

So yea! Get a lipo or 2 plus a decent charger. You and your gun will be much happier! :D

Archived