TACO pouch opinions and idea

SCAR_Jester
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

After some time with my triple + double 2x m4 velcro over mag pouches, I've come to the realise that its a royal pain to double stack without magpull's but even then its not great.

I could just settle for a triple pouch with elastic top (don't double stack on the front for speed and lying down purposes anyway), however the TACO pouch does some extremely useful for speed and access.

Long spiel over.. I'm looking at Viper Elite mag pouches (their TACO style pouches) OR Emerson TACO style pouch (double stack). 

Has anyone had experience with either of these or double stacked TACO's, I've used HSGI single TACO on my friend's plate carrier and loved it, but is the double a good shout also? (again only worry is the double getting in my way, would keep them to my left side)

Thanks in advance,

Corky

EDIT:

I've decided on either Viper elite mag pouches OR Nuprol rifle open top mag pouch.

Anyone with experience in either would be greatly appreciated

Have a look also at Fast mag pouches something like this. I have a double taco from Emerson and a double Fast mag from TMC. So far only used the fast mag and the Taco is sitting in my airsoft box. 

Those pouches I mentioned can be splited and you could go for a slim profile.

11 minutes ago, Sico said:

Have a look also at Fast mag pouches something like this. I have a double taco from Emerson and a double Fast mag from TMC. So far only used the fast mag and the Taco is sitting in my airsoft box. 

Those pouches I mentioned can be splited and you could go for a slim profile.

That was another option actually, I take it they're pretty much full proof at holding mags?

Also how maluable is the plastic, what I mean is it's not going to snap if I lie down?

• Supporters

Tuck the lids inside your current pouches then only put 1 mag in them - Instant ghetto-TACO.  If that doesn't appeal start trawling the classifieds on all the forums, ebay etc, you'll be able to get way higher quality stuff the same sort of money.

Personally I really hated the FASTMags and clones thereof.  Don't play well with each other, overly bulky for what they do, clunky and rattle-y (imho).  Pouches made of normal fabric do the same job without any of the bulk or clanking.

1 hour ago, Corky2110 said:

That was another option actually, I take it they're pretty much full proof at holding mags?

Also how maluable is the plastic, what I mean is it's not going to snap if I lie down?

I didn't had any issues with mine, holds the mag firm in place and didn't had any cracks in them yet, st. As the gent above mentioned they are a bit bulky compared to a double taco, but I spitted mine to give a slim look, as for the rattle, didn't experience something like that. Everyone with his preference, I've only used Emerson Taco and TMC Fast mag, and so far the TMC ones are my favourite, even my vest has holes for 3 mags but I find them way to deep and hard to handle.

To mention that I normally only use 3 mid caps in a game session. 

• Supporters

My rig is all WAS taco style pouches. They're great. No problems swapping between guns with different mags either. Highly recommend them.

I have looked at the Emerson ones and there seems to be two different styles. If you can, get the ones with plastic side strips and they will hold their shape better.

Thanks gents,

purley due to the easy of access through Amazon prime I'm going to try the fast pouches, and I'll do a swap around to the nuprol TACO pouches if I don't like em, just means a small hike up to LandWarrior to try em.

Thanks for the help lads

On 3/22/2017 at 9:17 AM, CKinnerley said:

Tuck the lids inside your current pouches then only put 1 mag in them - Instant ghetto-TACO.  If that doesn't appeal start trawling the classifieds on all the forums, ebay etc, you'll be able to get way higher quality stuff the same sort of money.

Personally I really hated the FASTMags and clones thereof.  Don't play well with each other, overly bulky for what they do, clunky and rattle-y (imho).  Pouches made of normal fabric do the same job without any of the bulk or clanking.

I use fast pouches by nuprol for pistol mags and I gotta say they've been great. Not clanky or bulky or anything like that. If anything, the opposite.

• Supporters

Alright, good to hear.

Of the uncounted number of pouches I've tried over the years I personally still rate the FASTMags pretty much right at the bottom, but each to their own.

17 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

I don't recommend the nuprol pistol pouches, lost my M&P9 mag About 4 times!

Might be hit and miss depending on the mag. My 226 nuprol double mag pouches have adjustable tension, so I can have them as tight or loose as I like. I keep them fairly tight, but not too tight - they're still fast to draw, but I've never had one fall out.

Went for Fast Mag pouches, tried em on, love them. Not one for too speedy a reload so the extra tightness is fine with me (hehe)

One slight niggle I'd say is that I can't run 2 beside each other on a plate carrier if the MOLLE connectors (at the top) are in, is there a way around this like shaving the sides a tad?

Or perhaps leave them above the MOLLE and cable tie them back? (just to keep them tighter against me for easier reloads,

Thanks all

EDIT: Solved issue, removed the sappy plate making the fabric rigid. (derp)

Archived