cyma aep lipo mod question

SELTS090
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

evening all

ive just picked a cyma usp up and im looking to change it to a lipo battery.

question is when wiring it up to deans connector using the nimh battery connector how do i check which tab to solder to and check the polarity is correct? 

the connection on the aep battery is stange so i dont know how to go about xhanging it.

thanks

• Supporters

RED is top of T on deans

Black is the line of the T or I of it

if you look very very carefully it is marked on the deans connector

Image result for deans lipo battery

Related image

see the plus or + on the left connector - this connector on right side goes on battery

the left male connector goes on gun

you sure you got room for regular deans - they do a mini deans

Image result for mini deans connector

• Supporters

PLEASE watch some videos on soldering deans connectors

FFS with a cherry on top don't cut both wires at once at battery - you will $hit yourself

I didn't actually do that but I did get a lipo short from being careless with a loose cut wire

yes I did crap myself almost as my lipo fire "accident" - so treat them with respect safety & common sense

Soz I always post this and yes it is very extreme but I'd rather be a drama queen pointing this out

DON'T be a dick - I foolishly punctured a puffy lipo stupidly thinking it would let out some air

not quite as bad as this but it burst into flames inside my house and smoke alarms going....

SO don't be a f*cking idiot like me and treat these mofos with some respect....

• Supporters

there is the crazy expensive TM Prolight mofo

plus other options:

https://www.airsoftworld.net/new-tokyo-marui-micro-aep-to-mp7-skorpion-mac10-battery-adaptor-li-po-lipo-7-4v-550mah.html
&
https://www.airsoftworld.net/world-exclusive-lithium-polymer-aep-battery-li-po-lipo-7-4v-550mah.html

The trouble is there is not a lot of room inside them AEP's so it limits your options

think the airsoft option is clever and cheap

or

if you are a little more clever you could perhaps make up an mini pistol peq box underneath

or

blow loads on a TM Prolight - but jeez more than the bloody gun

• Supporters

yeah the 2 bits  - the case plus the lipo £5 plus say £18 or something go together

I mean you can hunt lipo's down on hobbyking but even a few I bought are going to be a squeeze to get in there without a casing just on their own - think ones I got were about 800mah and kind of bought them a bit too close to the max size

(forgot about balance lead & main wires - oops)

never got round to fitting them yet, don't use a sidearm & duck jnr decide to get a WE G18c GBB instead

(bloody kids)

16 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

yeah the 2 bits  - the case plus the lipo £5 plus say £18 or something go together

I mean you can hunt lipo's down on hobbyking but even a few I bought are going to be a squeeze to get in there without a casing just on their own - think ones I got were about 800mah and kind of bought them a bit too close to the max size

(forgot about balance lead & main wires - oops)

never got round to fitting them yet, don't use a sidearm & duck jnr decide to get a WE G18c GBB instead

(bloody kids)

lol. i have a soft spot for AEP's ever since i had e a TM m92 EBB that took four AAA's the thing was a pile of junk but it sure was fun taging my mates with it. 

• Supporters

well just don't buy a cm123 - ugly mofo jumbo pistol

they just made it way way too big or oversized

cm030 is great favourite - the 123 & another one take same mags as each other

some others take bespoke mags - meaning can be tricky get hold of quickly

posible code that might work

5% off - AWFF1102312012
think this a FB likey code that might still work ok for certain non-sale itemsd

I have 2 Cyma aep's the 226 and the 030 I use lipo's in both of them, they're not difficult to convert, I used mini deans, the 030 is my favourite it's smaller than the 226 and it fits in the nuprol holsters.

Hope this helps...I would solder the female deans to the battery if I was doing it again :). Trying to remember how I did it..think I just cut the wires to the old connector, extended the wires and soldered to deans.

pistol 3IMG_20170317_165150352_HDR.jpg

pistol 2IMG_20170317_165203660_HDR.jpg

pistol.jpg

4 hours ago, SELTS090 said:

that adapter that was already converted is what i had in mind. i wasnt sure on how to work out the polarity of the connector. ive wired deans but wasnt sure in the black bit. may have to try get one of them

On mine the wire on the right side...blue in my case was the positive.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, lazybike said:

Hope this helps...I would solder the female deans to the battery if I was doing it again :). Trying to remember how I did it..think I just cut the wires to the old connector, extended the wires and soldered to deans.

And get the orientation/polarity correct or the same as normal deans

is the I of the T positive

& the ¯ of the T negative ?

probably my OCD kicking in again

(I'm just going by the lipo battery itself but it is hard to see & have made a bad call on Z1 in the past) 

yup - just be careful no shorts on the lipo battery itself as the contacts are so exposed

clever stuff - and we are all still living & learning - well I know I am

still think aep's are like ye old camcorders - all jammed in tightly

think that is another thing that put me off getting into them as well

10 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

is the I of the T positive

& the ¯ of the T negative ?

Yes it is....I did get it round the "wrong" way the first time though :)

Archived