Ways to improve a gun??

taroslice
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What ways is there to improve your gun, cost, and the effect it does?

Im aware tighter barrels would make the gun more accurate.

But watched my friends China M4 shoot way further than my G&P M4 ( mine cost at least 3 times more than his!!!)

And it just really gutted me to see his gun perform better.

As alot of places the FPS limit is 328. So i would like to stay below that.

But what other way is there to improve guns overall??

Please let me know if i'm wrong or if anymore to add.

Accuracy- Tighter barrel, heavier bb's

FPS- Upgrading spring

Range- Upgrading Spring, lighter bb's

ROF - upgrading motor?

And when upgrading parts of the gun. Is there a need to upgrade other parts of the guns to avoid breaking?? (eg. Upgrading spring means changing piston?? etc)

I honestly am sorry as i can assume this question is asked alot! and i haven't seen (or bothered looking) any posts that would help

Thanks guys

Linking to another forum D: lol

• Supporters

FPS dies not = range, its the hop up and barrel

Light bbs don't have as much momentum so don't go as far, but if u get ones that are too heavy u will also have a decreased range try .25's and .23's to see what is best for you.

Rof: motor, gears, high speed etc. Also high voltage batteries, but lipo's are vest by far

hope that helps

Marcus

• 2 months later...

more power will give you more range

uprated hop-up rubber helps with accuracy

paid a tenner for my new rubber and was best thing i ever did

i was on the brink of selling my g36c becuse of range and accuracy

went to combat south thay change my ruber and got some heavier bb and it beats my mates m16 every time :)

i would start with a few small changs and go from there

go to your local shop just talk to them

but lipo's are best by far

Just remember if your going to use a lipo battery then make sure your gearbox can stand it, ie its upgraded. You may have to upgrade your gearbox yourself or depending on what gun/make you have, it may already be upgraded (i know the new KWA ones are, not sure about any other makes/companies though)

• Supporters

I'm working on a tweaks guide which I'll be posting up in a few weeks once I've tested in on a brand spanking new ICS L85 :D

Generally, it's the small tweaks that you do, which will get you peak performance. If you just bang parts into a gearbox, you'll maybe get 60% of your potential performance, unless you get a miracle...

Without going into detail, for range and accuracy, you need to get as close to 100% seal as you can, you need to get the feed and hop consistent and set, well, and the tightness of the barrel is open to debate (my dmr will use a 6.08).

Archived