Plate Carrier Help

mattyjay98
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I'd like to get a plate carrier for my DPM loadout. I can't find much information/many reviews online. I want a green/olive colour, plates included that is comfy. I will be wearing this to a 3 day milsim so I need it to be comfortable!

Thanks all

Hi Matty,

You didn't specify a price range, so...

I use the bulldog MK2

http://www.ukmcpro.co.uk/Bulldog-Assault-MK2-Plate-Carrier-MTC-Military/p/4/3/190347/ 

The above is MTC but they do a few different colurs

Very comfy and sturdy, i use it with a battle belt and transferred some of the pouches to the belt.

"Other plate carriers are available". :rolleyes:

HTH

57 minutes ago, Guyver1 said:

Hi Matty,

You didn't specify a price range, so...

I use the bulldog MK2

http://www.ukmcpro.co.uk/Bulldog-Assault-MK2-Plate-Carrier-MTC-Military/p/4/3/190347/ 

The above is MTC but they do a few different colurs

Very comfy and sturdy, i use it with a battle belt and transferred some of the pouches to the belt.

"Other plate carriers are available". :rolleyes:

HTH

Hi, thanks for the reply. I was looking more around the 100 pound mark, but could stretch a bit more providing it's what I wanted. 

Do all these include plates? 

Thanks

No plates included.

I wouldn't have thought you'd need plates for Airsoft. I certainly don't. (enough weight to carry about  :wacko: )

The carrier has recesses for Plates and you could probably fit the appropriate ones if you felt the need, it is plenty thick enough to stop BB's

The 5.11 Tactec plate carrier is one of the most comfortable plate carriers out there.

52 minutes ago, Guyver1 said:

No plates included.

I wouldn't have thought you'd need plates for Airsoft. I certainly don't. (enough weight to carry about  :wacko: )

The carrier has recesses for Plates and you could probably fit the appropriate ones if you felt the need, it is plenty thick enough to stop BB's

I see. I assumed that for the right shape they would need plates? My friend let me wear his cheap and cheerful one and it had some kind of rigidity to it. Is that the same with all carriers? 

Im not worried about bb protection, taken many a shot to the head!

1 hour ago, TMC said:

The 5.11 Tactec plate carrier is one of the most comfortable plate carriers out there.

Thanks, I'll look into those. 

22 minutes ago, Guyver1 said:

Gotcha....

The carrier will stand up on its own with no plates, it is pretty rigid.

Okay cool. Do you have any recommendations near the £100 mark?

Try JPC, it is quite small and not bulky/heavy, make sure you get foam plates as they are going to make it comfortable, before i had plastic plates and they hurt my back, recently i bought foam plates and put one in the back, but left the plastic one in the front, i have finally felt how comfortable the JPC can be. It will be less than a £100. Get either PTS foam Medium SAPI plates or just dense foam medium SAPI plates (2 for like £10 on ebay) The PTS ones are more expensive though. Where are you going for a 3 day game? Sounds interesting!

1 hour ago, Max2000 said:

Try JPC, it is quite small and not bulky/heavy, make sure you get foam plates as they are going to make it comfortable, before i had plastic plates and they hurt my back, recently i bought foam plates and put one in the back, but left the plastic one in the front, i have finally felt how comfortable the JPC can be. It will be less than a £100. Get either PTS foam Medium SAPI plates or just dense foam medium SAPI plates (2 for like £10 on ebay) The PTS ones are more expensive though. Where are you going for a 3 day game? Sounds interesting!

Okay, nice one. I will take a look into those. Thanks for running through plates as well.

And Berget, in Sweden. Gonna be lots of pros there so I don't want to look like a Muppet! 

Edit: Do you mean something like this? - http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-rigs-plate-carriers-assault-vests/8fields-tactical-lightweight-jump-plate-carrier-fully-laden-olive-drab.htm#.WMfvup-nzqA

Do you have any examples please?

I found you need to try a few, even though most have a good range of adjustment.

If you want a DPM plate carrier the have a look on ebay  a seller calledmick690121 has some Osprey MK 3 plate carriers in DPM for £45

8 fields are ok, but try something like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Emerson-Tactical-Compact-Operator-Jumpable-Plate-Carrier-JPC-Lightweight-Vest-/152102444244?hash=item236a031cd4:g:kNoAAOSwdG9XRMS6

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-Military-Molle-Plate-Carrier-JPC-Vest-Green-KHM-Airsoft/222250845634?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3Dca2b74c4f90d47d88480ca1ab900972b%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D371840872142

The second one comes with the plates, probably with the plastic ones (well it says that in the description)

Here are the foam plates I have got- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MLEmart-TMC-Sport-EVA-Dummy-Airsoft-SAPI-Plate-Medium-Size-2-pc-Pack-/231734262353?hash=item35f4703a51:g:docAAOSwayZXjOt2

BTW I use a Chinese replica of a JPC (don't even know the name) got it on ebay, had to stitch some bits after a year of use, but still going good!  

When you receive the JPC you can use the kangaroo pouch (it comes pre built in to it), In side the kangaroo pouch, there are 2 elastic straps that are meant to separate the pouch in three parts, so that you can store 3 mags in it, but they were driving me nuts as most of the time my mag would get caught on it and wont sit in the pouch properly, so I had to cut them off, and my problem is gone.

Also (referring to your forum guns list you have a m4) what types of mags do you have/use?

2 hours ago, Max2000 said:

8 fields are ok, but try something like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Emerson-Tactical-Compact-Operator-Jumpable-Plate-Carrier-JPC-Lightweight-Vest-/152102444244?hash=item236a031cd4:g:kNoAAOSwdG9XRMS6

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-Military-Molle-Plate-Carrier-JPC-Vest-Green-KHM-Airsoft/222250845634?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3Dca2b74c4f90d47d88480ca1ab900972b%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D371840872142

The second one comes with the plates, probably with the plastic ones (well it says that in the description)

Here are the foam plates I have got- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MLEmart-TMC-Sport-EVA-Dummy-Airsoft-SAPI-Plate-Medium-Size-2-pc-Pack-/231734262353?hash=item35f4703a51:g:docAAOSwayZXjOt2

BTW I use a Chinese replica of a JPC (don't even know the name) got it on ebay, had to stitch some bits after a year of use, but still going good!  

When you receive the JPC you can use the kangaroo pouch (it comes pre built in to it), In side the kangaroo pouch, there are 2 elastic straps that are meant to separate the pouch in three parts, so that you can store 3 mags in it, but they were driving me nuts as most of the time my mag would get caught on it and wont sit in the pouch properly, so I had to cut them off, and my problem is gone.

Also (referring to your forum guns list you have a m4) what types of mags do you have/use?

Thanks for your patience btw mate. Appreciate all your help. I like the look of the Emerson one, seems pretty good for everything I need to use it for. Thanks for that tip on the elastics too.

I use a Dboys Hi-Capa and a G&G Hi-Capa, one came with my gun and the other was what they stocked in the shop at the time. I'm going to be buying a Krytac CRB in a couple weeks, and will be getting these midcaps (http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Magazines_MAG_AEG_MAG_M16_Mid_Cap_130rds_VN_style_Magazine_Box_Set_7pcs_Box.htm) for them. 

5 hours ago, Mike1971 said:

I found you need to try a few, even though most have a good range of adjustment.

If you want a DPM plate carrier the have a look on ebay  a seller calledmick690121 has some Osprey MK 3 plate carriers in DPM for £45

Okay cool, I'll take a look. Thanks!

If you have long mags (you know them 450 rounds high caps) then you are good to go, but if you are using regular 300-350 rounds high caps, they would sit in the kangaroo pouch too deep and will stick out very little, meaning that it will be hard for you to take them out. What I have done is- I got a cardboard tube of a aluminium foil roll and cut that tube in a right size so it fits in the kangaroo pouch, now my mags stick out more, therefore it is easier to take them out!

If you are going to get a Krytac make sure the mags fit (ask people on internet, read posts etc.) them m16 Vietnam era mags don't seem to match the Krytac CRB as the gun is more of a CQB/quick response type of gun, but the mags are more of a DMR style.

21 minutes ago, Max2000 said:

If you have long mags (you know them 450 rounds high caps) then you are good to go, but if you are using regular 300-350 rounds high caps, they would sit in the kangaroo pouch too deep and will stick out very little, meaning that it will be hard for you to take them out. What I have done is- I got a cardboard tube of a aluminium foil roll and cut that tube in a right size so it fits in the kangaroo pouch, now my mags stick out more, therefore it is easier to take them out!

If you are going to get a Krytac make sure the mags fit (ask people on internet, read posts etc.) them m16 Vietnam era mags don't seem to match the Krytac CRB as the gun is more of a CQB/quick response type of gun, but the mags are more of a DMR style.

Aha okay, I will be getting mid caps so that will come in useful! I agree with you but it's hard to find locaps here. Im going to enquire with my local airsoft shop if they can order me some KWA K120s.

5 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

You're going to want to get some good quality mid caps, hi caps are absolutely not accepted at Berget. 

I know buddy, I'm going to ask my local shop if they can order in some KWA K120s for me!

Archived