General upgrade option help for my cm16 raider l

Gus707
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gears should be fine with a spring that would take you way over the fps limit. If you want to chase those last few fps up to the site limit first check that you're getting a good air seal in the hop and from the air nozzle to the bucking before you think about changing springs. An easy way to check for air seal in the hop is to turn the gun upside down without a mag in. Balance a small piece of light card over the magazine feed tube on the hop and pull the trigger in semi. If it doesn't move or maybe jumps just a little bit then you've got a good seal. If it leaves the mag well then you know that something needs attention!

I have a CM16 Raider, It's 18mths old now, it's had a new (standard) spring and it's s-hopped, it shoots as well as any of my guns and it's still the one that gets used the most, although the Krytac pdw is a very close second, I use a 7.4v 2800ah lipo which lasts all day and it easily hops .3bb's accurately to 50m, it chrono's at 330fps with .2's.

If I were you I would do some work on the hop up.. flat, R or S-hop all work well and are inexpensive to do, as others have said put your money into another gun, or just spend it on playing :)

28 minutes ago, Gus707 said:

Well I'm pretty keen on getting some form of dmr. Could probably spend about £300

Now is a very poor time to look at DMRs. Also, you mentioned UKARA on the other page - that's only for adults sadly.

Based on what you've said it sounds like getting to know your gun's limitations (and better ammo) is what is best for you.

I looked at putting together a DMR as there's not much off the shelf that you could actually call a DMR, and the shopping list got long really quickly (and expensive). With a bit of hard work and a few choice parts is not that difficult to put together a 350 fps gun that has very nearly the performance with regards to range and accuracy (my local fields restrict DMR to 400fps) and retains the advantage of being able to switch to full auto. Being able to send 20rps out to 60+ metres is a lot more fun!

Guest PT247

I have one, is modded externally but standard internally, shoots (currently at 330fps on 0.2g BBs) very nicely. Is by far the best AEG I have owned.... so much so I sold all my other AEGs as this kicked their butts. Range.... hmmm no idea but I play on a large woodland site and this does the job nicely when I run it as a primary.

_20161217_113053_zpszqnezwn7.jpg

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/airsoft-guns/rifles/electric-aeg/gc12-m4-spr-single-shot-420fps-dmr-custom-aeg-gng 

I had a look at one of these a while back and it seems decent for the money..it will still need some work on the hop up to be significantly better than your raider

7 minutes ago, Gus707 said:

Wow pt247 that krytac was nice, what sort of range could it get?

I get similar range and accuracy as my raider...My Krytac is using the standard hop up...it is way ahead in terms of materials and build quality though :)

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

Being able to send 20rps out to 60+ metres is a lot more fun!

Airsoft metres!

Need to order one of those G&G tape measures because my one is obviously way out by 15 to 20 metres on average.

Even my laser tells me lies because it when I have tested all those 60+ metre AEG's that people own it never measures right. 

Before anyone actually googles G&G tape measures I am taking the piss because there is probably one in a thousand sub 350 aegs that can accurately shoot those distances but when you go on the forums it becomes 9 out of 10.

20 minutes ago, PT247 said:

I have one, is modded externally but standard internally, shoots (currently at 330fps on 0.2g BBs) very nicely. Is by far the best AEG I have owned.... so much so I sold all my other AEGs as this kicked their butts. Range.... hmmm no idea but I play on a large woodland site and this does the job nicely when I run it as a primary.

_20161217_113053_zpszqnezwn7.jpg

Apologies for the slight hijack...but which grip is that?

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Is that Hefs old one that geartech painted up?

It is indeed :)....still looking good and going strong! Unlike me..

• Supporters
Just now, lazybike said:

It is indeed :)....still looking good and going strong! Unlike me..

If thats only shooting as well as your Raider then you have f*cked it up. I know this for a fact because I have fired that actual gun and it was one of the early grey imports and was a monster.

Hef if you read this why didn't you tell me you were selling it? It could of gone to a good home, I am going to shoot you in both testicles on the 29th now.

11 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Airsoft metres!

Need to order one of those G&G tape measures because my one is obviously way out by 15 to 20 metres on average.

Even my laser tells me lies because it when I have tested all those 60+ metre AEG's that people own it never measures right. 

Before anyone actually googles G&G tape measures I am taking the piss because there is probably one in a thousand sub 350 aegs that can accurately shoot those distances but when you go on the forums it becomes 9 out of 10.

Those are honest, measured metres. I even checked it twice because it didn't seem right. 0.28g ammo helps...

3 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

If thats only shooting as well as your Raider then you have f*cked it up. I know this for a fact because I have fired that actual gun and it was one of the early grey imports and was a monster.

I've only fitted a new standard bucking and nub, it chrono's at 347fps with .2's and it is a really good gun...but...my raider shoots equally as good, I know you find this difficult to believe and If we ever play at the same place I'd be happy for you to try it :)

Archived