jobs

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

As of monday, im now officially laid off, second time in 5 years :(

Well that sucks. Good luck in the job hunt!

Yep didnt know till i was 22 that i had a hole in the heart, in fact 3 one large and 2 small.

had high blood pressure from 16 and got tired very quickly

Sorry to hear that, Mack. What line of work you looking to get into now? Could turn out to be a blessing in disguise if you've fancied a career change!

Have an interview for Parcelforce as a courier on tuesday so hopefully that goes well. No more sorry we missed you cards :P

• Supporters

IB student... Doing MOCK exams now... Save me :)

IB student... Doing MOCK exams now... Save me :)

gl with that mate, and sorry to hear about your heart, I'm sure you will pass the exam though :)

at mack, sorry to hear that mate, sure parcelforce will accept you and all for the best, GL :)

• 3 weeks later...

Lorry Driver for B&Q, been a trucker for 15 years now

As a youth I was in the Air Cadets and thought about joining the RAF as an Air Load master, trouble is i've always been fat and lazy so driving trucks is what suits me best. They pay well, don't bother me too much and I get to scare caravans in the summer.

• Supporters

For me in my tender age I'm a babysitter / student. Best job a kid can have; get paid well, and tax free.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I work as an NHS IT Service Desk Contractor, which is handy to spend on my guns :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

IT Infrastructure Designer/Architect

Got bored of doing the hands on techie stuff years ago but there's no way I'm willing to take a massive pay cut to change career. Do occasionally contemplate whoring myself to the industry and becoming a contractor though.

im known as a mercenary to the permies....contract draughsman! (ltd compnay so have my own business)....so basically draw or model in 3d the structure for buildings for people, good rate/hr, can be boring though, London pays stupid rates but im not back there yet, so when i do i guess my budget will change slightly.....

Thought I'd revive this as it's an interesting read.

I work for American Express in Global Supply Management, so procurement basically. Not a bad job though :)

• Supporters

Thought I'd revive this as it's an interesting read.

I work for American Express in Global Supply Management, so procurement basically. Not a bad job though :)

So what exactly do Amex procure? Genuine question.

Various services with third parties such as consultancy, catering, property, software, all sorts really.

• Supporters

Various services with third parties such as consultancy, catering, property, software, all sorts really.

Gotcha. So, supply chain management as a service then?

no, we manage the third parties ourselves after we've contracted with them.

I basically negotiate the contract, terms, service and price etc on behalf of whatever Amex business unit want to engage with the vendor. From there they work with them inline with the contract.

I'm just about to start a college course in renewable energy engineering. Basically learning how to maintain and fix wind farms. I'm quietly crapping myself as its a massive change from where I am right now - working in a call centre dealing with business renewals and sales.

Archived