jobs

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing some work experience at my Mum's equine shop. Shame as the Arabs didn't come in, they normally come in there stretched Mercedes S classes (3 doors each side, will try and find a pic) and they spend £3,000 a Pop but hey, I'm not complaining :D (btw I have nothing against arabs and I really like their cars)

I'm 14 currently, 15 soon, I guess you have to start somewhere :)

EDIT: They drive around in a convoy of 3 of these and all have personal bodyguards :)

Mercedes-Benz-S-Class-Limousine-by-Binz-

also, anyone out there how do I resize images without saving them? thanks

also, anyone out there how do I resize images without saving them? thanks

Upload through Imgur.com, you can edit picture dimensions on there.

• 1 month later...

British army all the way baby!

It's always been Parachute Regiment or a Apache pilot but I doubt the second and prefer the first :P

And hopefully (although this probably won't happen ...doh but worth a try) one day be in the SAS or SBS...

:wub:

Are there any Army/Ex Army officers here?

I have a few questions.

If you are planning to go in as an officer, try to work out what you'd need qualification wise- probably a degree, right? So then work out what field of study you're interested in (engineering, finance, politics, history etc etc) and then backtrack further and work out what A-Levels you'd have to study to get into University for your chosen degree.

Then backtrack even further and work out what results you'll need at GCSE to get into those A-Level courses- GCSEs are INCREDIBLY important, I cannot stress how much depends on them.

After spending what, up to 16 years in education (providing you do a university course which only lasts 2 years) you'd then have to spend more time in officer training at Sandhurst. I'm just saying be prepared to spend a lot of time in education and training before you actually get into the army.

I'm not trying to put you off, it's just a lot of work- the way my family are pushing me I may end up doing it too, except to join the REME.

• Supporters

No benefit to getting a degree before joining up anymore, other than it's usefulness outside of the forces obviously. You can join up with 180 UCAS points at 18 and be on level pegging with a 21 year old graduate, once upon a time graduates got a boost to their seniority so they got promoted a couple of years quicker but that's all gone now.

No benefit to getting a degree before joining up anymore, other than it's usefulness outside of the forces obviously. You can join up with 180 UCAS points at 18 and be on level pegging with a 21 year old graduate, once upon a time graduates got a boost to their seniority so they got promoted a couple of years quicker but that's all gone now.

Ah, thought that was still the case- thanks for correcting me

I knew an officer in my old regiment who joined straight from school

He started as a private and when I met him, he was a captain, I had total respect for his hard work to become an officer but as a person, he was an a**hole, we didn't like each other but in the field, we respected each other

My point is James that even without qualifications and some hard work, a person can still do officer training, you really have to stand out as spaces are limited to lower ranks

After a few years service, there are many opportunities open to people to advance there career, if I could do it all over again, I'd still join the infantry but make sure I had a trade when I left

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If your old enough to work your old enough to make you own decisions.... As long as your over 18 you can join the services with out any of your family knowing if you really want too...

How the hell'd you do that!?

I be a student, but work part time IT. Basically I get paid for fixing up computers and/or software. The girls across the hallway have NO idea how computers work, so I always have some money coming in :)

IT contractor / consultant mostly doing Police work with Linux and VMware. Recently installed a new firearm tracking system so got to spend a few weeks surrounded by Glocks, MP5's and Baton guns, didn't get to fire anything though :-(

• 2 months later...

regional sales manager selling Abrasives never intended on getting into selling you just kind of fall into it and the money's good so I can't complain.

• 2 weeks later...

Electrician for a print company

Would love to setup alone

Tried to join the royal marines but dodge ticker stopped me

Archived