jobs

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Atm finishing my A-Levels (joy of joys! <_< ) then of the Leicester (AND THE EMBASSY!!) to do contemporary history, i know, an oxymoron, but i study all the modern wars since WW2! :D then (hopefully) and officer in the army, dunno which reg yet though

Out of interest, what is the army's view on airsofters/airsoft, both official and unofficial?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im a BMW engineer. Personally I hate it. Civi street wasn't meant to be for me, but I had no chose in the matter, mother made my mind up for me. I was born into a army/RAF/navy family everyone has severed apart from me and my bloody mother! For god sakes I cant even get a MOTORBIKE!

HELP ME!

If your old enough to work your old enough to make you own decisions.... As long as your over 18 you can join the services with out any of your family knowing if you really want too...

• Supporters
Out of interest, what is the army's view on airsofters/airsoft, both official and unofficial?

well I know a lot of army guys who play, ra and regular, my dad enjoyed it too.

I think its good, its military stimulation afterall and it is technically a good team builder

If your old enough to work your old enough to make you own decisions.... As long as your over 18 you can join the services with out any of your family knowing if you really want too...

Well tbh, you don't know the full story. My mother is a control freak, and would disown me if I joined up with out telling them....

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet!

I'd really like a job in Airsoft, maybe running a shop or site or even a technician if I ever learn how a gearbox works :)

Basically anything working with real or imitation firearms.

I wouldn't.... As soon as you get a job in your hobby it becomes something you slowly hate because you end up thinking of it as work and who would want to pay to go to work!

• Supporters

I agree with the above about a profession killing a hobby.

I turned pro-photographer part time last year and started doing weddings, since then my interest has dwindled to the point where I only pick up my camera to boost my portfolio for business' sake.

Airsoft wise though, it might be a bit different. I think marshalling isn't too bad, at my old site I'd marshall a half day then play a half day; it was fairly casual so wasn't really like work and it got me a half days play for free. A retailer might also be cool; wholesale prices on equipment etc.

In an ideal world I'd love my own site; I've got blueprints and diagrams and everything but unless I had the money to do it outright and do it properly AND hire a full compliment of staff so that I could basically play at my own custom made site and reap the rewards, it'd stop me playing and keep me working. Working for a magazine like AI would probably be different, I imagine that's fairly awesome.

Like I say, in an ideal world.

I wouldn't.... As soon as you get a job in your hobby it becomes something you slowly hate because you end up thinking of it as work and who would want to pay to go to work!

Meh, you may be right...

Still, it would be pretty cool.

• 1 month later...

as the monica says...im a tattooist..

in the past was a courier for 15 years.

and an engineer

and a drag racing pit crew member/driver

as the monica says...im a tattooist..

in the past was a courier for 15 years.

and an engineer

and a drag racing pit crew member/driver

Damn good tattooist at that I should add!

Me, I look after a team of account managers. Boring but keeps me fed and watered.

• Supporters

Marine Biologist, now finishing 1st year of A levels..

Still thinking about joining the military but not sure

Want to go into film really, either directing/producing/writing!

Possibly study modern/military history or politics or PPE at uni

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Oh man...Where to start... :D

1. I'm a fully qualified photographer, I shoot weddings, wildlife etc; I'm not great, but I get by, so I do that in my spare time, might go pro one day.

2. I'm studying Forensic and Investigative Studies, with a view to forensic counter fraud and eventually something in serious organised crime (one day I'd like to go over to America and work in their law enforcement).

3. If that fails, I'm moving to Fuerteventura and opening a beach bar.

4. Would like to join the Uni Officer Training Corps whilst at uni, then I want to go TA (preferably RMR, but I doubt I'd ever be that good).

5. I did a year of legal training, so that's always an option too xD

You name it, I've considered it at some point or another, I can't decide; the only certainty is that I don't want to do a standard "job" I want a career :)

might go pro one day.

I swear Go pro aren't that good? :P haha

Currently: Literally just got hired to work in a movie theater.

Future job: I would like to be a nuclear engineer. Preferably helping research fusion technology.

• 2 weeks later...

Wholesale. I do many things. Im cheap (foreign) labour.

I always wanted to be a sportsman, but money..

Then I wanted to be a soldier in USMC/USArmy, but not being able to get GreenCard..

Now Im here in the UK, but it will take long time untill I get citizenship.

I never gonna give up on on the USA.

I would also like to have my own business.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I currently work for Santander Bank part time as my gap year, I'll be starting Uni in September to study Sociology and after that...

I've still got no idea what I want to do, might end up sticking at the bank for a while, I have good connections with my boss at the moment so I'll be sticking with it through Uni...

I'd really love to either be a weapon technician or an A10 pilot, but unfortunately I'm not American, plus I doubt I have anything like the right CV lol.

Did I say unfortunately? I meant thankfully :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Got shot right in the forehead from literally 5 feet away yesterday, got an enormous, blood red hole in my face.

Looks great whilst I'm sat at the till in the bank lmao.

mine sounds quite boring compared to some people here! but im currently a department head/duty manager in a co-operative retail. only thing ive always wanted to be is a pro rally driver unfortunatly thats an expensive sport to get into so never going to happen:( so going to stick with retail as i seem to be pretty good at it and see how far i can get. im 21 btw

Archived