R-Hop Bucking

lazybike
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a couple of spare barrels and I'm going to have a go at r-hopping them, I can't find any G&G hop rubbers in stock (I've used these before for flat and s-hops and had good results), can anyone recommend an alternative? I've seen some buckings on ak2m4 has anybody used those?

The SHS ones from AK2M4 work fine. They're quite soft so fairly forgiving, but the seal lip is larger than some buckings, so may cause feed issues but nothing that can't be overcome.

Thanks for that...local shop has some TM in stock, I have seen the laylax straight bucking are they worth a try? Was thinking the black extra soft, going in 340fps gun. 

On the shs buckings is it just a case of trimming the seal lip?

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, lazybike said:

Thanks for that...local shop has some TM in stock, I have seen the laylax straight bucking are they worth a try? Was thinking the black extra soft, going in 340fps gun. 

On the shs buckings is it just a case of trimming the seal lip?

The prommy flat bucking is good because you dont have to modify it like you need to the others. I wouldn't bother with the SHS because the quality is spotty and any bucking which needs tidying up should be left on the shelf.

The couple of SHS ones I've had have been OK, but that's too small a sample to comment on their quality control. The nub shape is very average, but they make decent enough flat hop or R hop buckings.

Don't trim the seal lip on any bucking, it'll just leak. Feed issues can sometimes be traced to the bucking just protruding into the hop enough to cause the BB to jam. This can also be caused by the tip of the nozzle sitting slightly too far forward. Usual symptom is it'll fire on semi but not on auto, sometimes accompanied by low fps as the seal lip gets folded over.

Another bucking that works and doesn't require any messing around sanding lumps off is the Modify flat hop bucking. Comes with a nub that'll work for flat hop and R hop without requiring any modification of the hop arm.

Tried the laylax straight buckings blue and black and the air seal was terrible, fps went from 330 to 250, this was in a g&g hop chamber, I'll try them in another chamber see if they fare any better.

I was careful fitting it, it was loose in the hop chamber, nowhere near as tight as the original, the c clip was tricky to fit with the laylax as well, which seemed a bit weird.

• Supporters

G&G crappy tolerances strike again by the sounds of it.

The laylax are normally overly tight in the hop if anything. A lot of hop units it can be a struggle to seat everything well because of the laylax being slightly thicker. Its sometimes just a case of finding the right match with aftermarket parts as what is good for one gun isn't good for another, even when they are the same model with G&G.

That is what I'm finding...I think for now I'll just use the G&G bucking, I'll probably try a Prowin or similar chamber at some point, and use the laylax bucking in that, I do have another s-hopped G&G so I could try the laylax bucking in that...bit loathe to touch it though as it's shooting really nice!

I've just fitted a Laylax/ASG hop up (they're identical as far as I can tell) and I'm very pleased with it. The arm is over size so it can be sanded down to a perfect fit in the hop, the C clip registers the barrel very well and is moulded with protrusions around it that allow for material to be removed, again for a perfect fit in the outer barrel. Some people might see these points as issues rather than features, but I appreciate the fact that I was supplied with the raw materials to engineer a proper fit rather than fighting sloppy tolerances. It's far easier to remove material in the right place than to try making up tolerances you can drive a bus through. By comparison the Prowin I briefly had was a pain, and never really worked properly. Any advantage offered by the hop adjustment method was countered by the ridiculously short distance from the pivot to the nub. It just made it virtually impossible to get a flat nub to sit flat on the bucking. The ASG also feeds perfectly with the three different buckings I've tried, gets an excellent air seal and cost less than the Prowin. It's identical to a standard G&G hop up in design, but a world apart in terms of function which I can only see is due to the far higher tolerances.

Archived