Krytac SPR - Sunken Suppressor / Honey Badger?

Ghost.
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have spent the better part of two days trying to figure out how to go about doing this. But to be honest, I think it's probably best if I throw the question out there to the more knowledgeable, and hopefully get some better traction. Having gone through a little bit of a mission carefully planning some internal upgrades for my Krytac; yes I know..... but namely the motor (current is the 20k), 6.03 barrel and a Gate / BTC mosfet, I'm now looking at externals.

Basically, how do I go about putting a Noveske sound amp on my SPR, but, making sure it's either slightly inside the rail or somewhat flush with it. Now I could just throw it on, but the standard SPR flash hider is on the end of the barrel that protrudes the guard by a good few inches, and IMO will will look no where near as nice as the below.

Anyway for those that might be confused, like this, paying more attention to the first image: 

0f72ba3fbd728c5dbf012effe68f4daf.jpg 2523113

Thanks in advance guys :)

Simple. Shorter outer barrel. Your inner barrel will now protrude from the outer but this is hidden inside the suppressor.

tmp_29111-20170219_190956929160846.thumb.jpg.76157c1de325570f1d747894fdf54b69.jpg

Not a great pic, but that's how the one on the right is done.

And I'm sure it's been said before, but don't bother messing with the barrel on a Krytac. The only difference it'll make is that your wallet will be a little lighter.

Thank you for replying :) and mmmm now  that's what I'm talking about!

To be fair I have a namazu flat hop and prommy purple on the way to try out, so if it yields the results I'm after, a barrel may be off the list.

Anyway, do they do very short barrel extensions as I know the Krytac outer to be two half's, or am I going to need a whole new outer? The extensions I've come across will put me almost back to where I started from what I can work out!?

The shorter one in the pic has a 300mm inner barrel inside a G&G CRW outer barrel with a 150mm suppressor (no guts in it) that just covers the inner, and the whole lot protrudes about 65mm from a 9" rail. Just measure yours to see what will fit. If the krytac outer is two parts then you might only have to get the suppressor, depending on the thread. Failing that I just bought a 7" CQB barrel that cost £28 for another project. They're not difficult to find.

Awesome stuff!

Thanks Hangtight, much appreciated

I LOVE it when the suppressors are under the outer rail.. One of my fave looks!!

On 07/03/2017 at 6:36 AM, Hangtight said:

Simple. Shorter outer barrel. Your inner barrel will now protrude from the outer but this is hidden inside the suppressor.

Not a great pic, but that's how the one on the right is done.

But the desired result would not be achieved as the goal is the make the gun louder and the inner barrel being inside the unit would inhibit that significantly.

It would also be dangerous a la bayonet.

I imagine the answer would be to replace the entire hop/inner and outer barrel assemblies.

I take it that a noise enhancer needs all of its volume beyond the tip of the muzzle. In which case what he ^^ said. Or if you want the look more than you want the noise then the short outer /empty suppressor.

I striped the gun down last night as I had a bit of free time. I learned the front section of the outer barrel comes in at 7" which is two inches past the front of the hand guard. To split it you are going to need a heat gun / hairdryer as you'll need a fair amount of heat to help; and a couple of rubber strap wrenches for both sections (Grab some from eBay, they are pretty inexpensive. Item number: 272456669221 to give you an idea). These are required after I found out via researching; Krytac put thread locking glue on the threads from factory, so the rubber wrenches are both for grip and to prevent marring your barrel finish as you put the pressure on to break the seal.

So I reckon I'll need a 4" extension off the top of my head; also the KX3 comes in at roughly 2.75" so it'll protrude just that little bit, perfect. However, a small concern is the standard inner barrel comes in at 383mm (15.0787" for reference) which may ending up sitting inside the Noveske and not at the tip of the threaded part. Good excuse for a shorter Prommy 6.03 but first I'll have another measure up to confirm how it'll sit once I'm back in the country. I've ordered the Noveske last night as I'll probably make my life easier confirming how it'll sit and also help out those wanting the same look / effect in future I'm sure.

Hopefully by the time I'm back I'll have the Noveske and will be able to update this thread. (Pics or didn't happen right?) :)

• 2 weeks later...

So my parts arrived yay! 110mm barrel extension, check! Noveske KFH, check :D, two piece barrel now seemingly welded together :( check!!

So hit a bit of a snag; completely my fault by the looks of things. Before I went away I had heated the barrel up a fair bit and split apart to measure. Problem is, I put it all back together and shoved the gun back in storage.... without cleaning the thread locker off before hand. So now I can only assume during the cooling down of the metal and the thread locker mutating under heat, the two pieces are now carbon bonded!

I tried a part of rubber strap wrenches and heat but this didn't appear to do anything, before it was snug but with some manly exuberance it budged enough to start unscrewing; now it's doing nothing. I could throw the upper in a vice and try some brute force, however, my brother tried that method his M16 and well, he now has a new gun....

Anyone have any ideas, I'm thinking about binning the current outer and going for a whole new one, but it seams a bit silly to blow more money on something when I've already ordered the parts?!

Archived