Lightening the load - battle belts.

ghostwalker
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For some reason I have this addiction to weighing myself down with 10 tonnes lf crap when playing our favourite game. 

First off it was a full British loadout with osprey armour helmet and the works. 

Then I went dpm with an assault vest and/or plc webbing. That weighed a fair bit combined and I found the vest to be less than ideal in layout.

After that I switched up to a warrior plate carrier. I'm not sure of the model/style, it's an older one and even without pouches it weighs a fair bit. 

So I got to thinking about lightening the load a bit. Sure there's the jump plate carriers but they seem a fair bit on the pricey side. Then I thought about just webbing which is an option as there's a fair bit of real estate for pouches (I'm a mid cap mag addict and usually prefer between 6-8). 

The final thought was a battle belt. Something like the viper one. The thought being, I could get it in od green and use the pouches off my warrior carrier.

I have never used a battlebelt before so my main concern is the viability of one for a mag addict like me. 

Usually i have on my carrier. 

Radio pouch, 8 single mag pouches double stacked. Utility/medic pouch for spare battery, bb reloads etc, 3 pistol mag pouches, holster, 2 grenade pouches,dump bag and a camelback. 

I figured I could trim down to 6 mag pouches in double stack, drop the pistol onto a leg rig. But not sure about the rest. 

What options would you fine folks recommend for something a bit lighter and more agile. 

• Supporters

A battle belt has surprisingly much space for pouches. I wouldn't go for a dropleg for the pistol, those are very uncomfortable when running or crawling.

You can add a very light chest rig - not molle for low profile that could carry the extra mags. Something like this maybe, not worn as a belly rig :) as on the photo

Chest-Rig-M4-Front-OD-600x400.jpg

Battle belts work quite well - or at least, they do for me.

Maybe look at double magazine pouches; same amount of real estate used, but can hold two magazines.

I ran a BFG chest rig, a Safariland drop-leg holster and a battle belt yesterday with a Camebak and I didn't feel at all weighed down.

Cheers guys. Might look at the viper belts then. Maybe get something in black to tie in with my olive and black load out. 

A chest rig might be an option though having just seen the tmc tf3 vest as used in transformers.....it might provide a different look in the future. ;) and should combine well with a belt 

I used to go in with a drop leg holster, 4 pistol mags, chest full of mid caps and flashbangs, helmet, the full works. Now I'm transitioning over to a sniper role, I too have been thinking about how I'm going to lighten up and also make it easier to be prone.

I think the 4 pistol mags will have to remain (2 double mag pouches on the left side), luckily the VSR mags are relatively small, and I'll only have 3 of them, so again, a double pistol mag pouch - one for 2 spare mags, the other for a spare mag and speedloader with 100 extra rounds - I think I'd be lucky to be getting through 190 sniper rounds in one game if I play right. An SMG pouch up a harness strap on one side with a couple of thunderflash grenades in it (although I do hate throwing those things), and my 226 on my belt on the right hand side.

I think that's as light as I'm going to get.

17 minutes ago, Samurai said:

I suggest to add a canteen or a pouch with a half liter bottle of water.

I usually just leave a big bottle at the respawn on skirmishes.

Get a camelback to carry water, 2litre at most, either clip it to your rig or wear it as a back pack.

i have one on my osprey MK IVA and another behind the side pouch of my Bergen.

I have one I use with my warrior system and also a dpm one I use on my old British vest. 

If you are going to put a load of gear on a battle belt then add a yolk to it to take the weight off your hips, as too much weight can have the belt slipping down around your legs if you are running.

I considered a battle belt at one point but ended up getting a lightweight chest rig instead. Also it makes me look slimmer. :P I also paired it with a drop leg holster which I hated straight away and ended up sending it back. I now use a Fobus plastic hip holster If you haven't used one before it could be a case of try before you buy.

I run a simple battlebelt also a midcap madman. I use an MP5 so the mag space I need isn't much compared to an M4 but what I found is running a drop leg holster with 2 pistol mag slots works well and on my other leg I will have a drop leg for 4 MP5 mags, this leaves my belt free for another 4 MP5 Mags, a first aid pouch, a dump pouch, 1 grenade pouch and a smallish utility pouch and I clip my radio pouch onto the suspenders that are on them leaving me nice and light for running around 

Archived