Hi- caps, mid-caps and true caps

Mike1971
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, I have not played much airsoft as it always seamed a bit of a busmans holiday.

but now I find myself with a renewed interest in Air soft.

i have a couple of hi-caps that need winding which is a bit annoying as when I run I rattle like a tactical retard.

So do suck it up and get on with the hi-caps or get some mid caps or even get some 30 round real capacity mags?

my local site is Slaughterhouse which is FIBUA or CQB site which I love.

• Supporters

Mid caps around the capacity of 100 are the best in my opinion.

In airsoft you need to shoot more for a hit and you need to score more than 1-2 hits, so real caps are too low.

I use mid caps, I hate the winding, noice and feeding issues you get from high caps.

You can get mid caps which have a limiter to limit to a low cap (30 rnds capacity)

Just practice with switching mags quickly and pick your targets, no need to fire 100 rnds at a target you won't hit like most people do.

High cap flash mags. You can still sound like a Tactical maraca, but you can also empty a 360 round mag without any winding.

11 hours ago, shanerutter said:

I use mid caps, I hate the winding, noice and feeding issues you get from high caps.

You can get mid caps which have a limiter to limit to a low cap (30 rnds capacity)

Just practice with switching mags quickly and pick your targets, no need to fire 100 rnds at a target you won't hit like most people do.

I think Mid-caps are the way to go, I would rather carry 6 mid-caps rather than 2-3 high-caps.

My mag changing drills are not too bad.

Low or midcaps force an adapted play style on you. 

Im switching back to midcaps on my next gun in a few weeks. Buy I have noticed that whilst using high caps with my predator, I am more inclined to switch it up to full auto more often than I was with midcaps. 

Hi,

I play at Slaughterhouse as well and I used a mixture of normal high caps and flash mags. Am starting to use my flash mags more and more as couple of pulls on the string and you can nearly empty the full mage :). I tend to run 3 mags on front and one in the mag when playing there and can sometimes go through all 4 mags.

Get a 1000 round auto winding mag form battle axe, i only ever have to reload at lunch as i don't use any where near a 1000 rounds, but i have no need to wind up mags, if you play and shoot sensibly then its not a problem.

• Supporters

You can get mid-caps for AR variants with well over 100 rounds of capacity, it's the solution the majority of people use for good reason. Plenty of brands to choose from, robust (if you buy carefully), no rattle or winding what-so-ever and more than enough ammo carriage for CQB within a lightweight loadout of mags.

2 minutes ago, sniperslucky said:

Get a 1000 round auto winding mag form battle axe

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

• Supporters

There is no answer to it really because everyone is different. I normally run 4 40rnd mags for my aeg and 4 pistol mags and thats plenty but others I know can empty a couple of high caps in the same game. 

Think about how many rounds you use on average then run whatever is easiest for your usage. Don't worry about the tactical maracas bit either because it rarely effects anyones game as when sneaking around you move slow so they are generally quiet and when running you feet make enough noise to give you away anyway.

Agree with the above I run a few high caps and in all honestly unless you are running , jumping etc they make very little noise. I managed to climb up a massive wet slippy bank at bomb dump and slide down the other side and surprise a small group of players so I'm sure anyone can walk around without rattling.. 

Archived