G&P SR15 or G&G GR25?

AnotherOopsie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, currently looking at getting a new AEG.

Had my eyes on a G&P SR15 URX, however someone did suggest the G&G GR25.

I know the SR15 has both Semi and Full auto, whereas the GR25 is locked to semi. Neither is a problem, neither is length as I play outdoor sites.

I know G&P have a good repuatation, as does G&G, but for a more expensive end of the scope, no pun intended, is there any problems anyone has heard of either, or does anyone have some hands on experience with either?

Any other reccomendations would be welcomed!

Thanks very much.

I have the G&G SR25.

Apparently there is a tendency for lockup and I was advised to have a MOSFET fitted, which I did, together with a spring upgrade so I could use it as a DMR to get the benefit of higher FPS allowances on the sites I play at.

Its a nice rifle, obviously very long, which is the nature of the beast and Ive since got both sized mags for it.

IMG_0088.JPG

Was about to say. At AWA using the GR25 with only its semi capabilities, you'd be allowed to up the FPS to 500, whereas the SR15 your with everyone else at 360.

Not really comparable weapons tbh.

13 hours ago, Baz JJ said:

Its a nice rifle, obviously very long, which is the nature of the beast and Ive since got both sized mags for it.

IMG_0088.JPG

Very nice!

What's the overalls length, something like 1010mm?

It tends to vary from site to site that I've looked in.

Also bear in mind some sites will need you locked to semi on guns in the 350-500fps range.

• Supporters

Pretty sure the G&G comes from the factory with a safe/fire selector only?  That's the way to go if you fancy upping the FPS.

For simple compatibility with common place internals/externals/mags/pouches if you're staying under 350 go with the M4.  If it's an older type G&P with bog standard internals though don't bother, obsolete (unless you want a project).  Look at a Krytac, one of the fancier Specna Arms maybe, one of the higher end ICS.  Something decent with a MOSFET, quick change spring, that sort of thing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2017 at 8:28 PM, Crashtest33 said:

Was about to say. At AWA using the GR25 with only its semi capabilities, you'd be allowed to up the FPS to 500, whereas the SR15 your with everyone else at 360.

Not really comparable weapons tbh.

450 for DMR's at AWA ;)

Archived