TM VSR G-Spec Stripdown Guide

Guest PT247
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, with all the questions folk have been having with me recently regarding upgrading a sniper rifle I thought I'd put a video guide together on stripping the gun down for easy reference in here.

I hope it is helpful to those of you who are wanting to do work on your BASRs :-)

Nice one mate! It is a very helpful video for someone who is starting to get into BARS! What upgrades did you install after this takedown?

Action Army hop chamber, 

PDI 6.05 x 303mm barrel,

Springer Custom Works S-Trigger,

Laylax cylinder head, 90' piston, barrel spacers and teflon coated cylinder,

M150 spring,

Steel spring guide.

It is now putting out 2.01j on 0.2g BBs (465fps) and 2.22j on 0.4g BBs.

I have also now rebuilt the old gun with the new OE TM parts removed from the new one and carried out some DIY hop mods. It is running at 305fps on 0.2g BBs with the hop set for 0.3g BBs. The 0.3g BBs travel very slowly but it still has some range on it! :-)

2 minutes ago, PT247 said:

Action Army hop chamber, 

PDI 6.05 x 303mm barrel,

Laylax cylinder head, 90' piston, and teflon coated cylinder,

M150 spring,

Steel spring guide.

Land electrical taped spacers?

anyways, great video, covered everything that you need to know for disassembling.

dropped a like 

1 minute ago, Mos said:

Land electrical taped spacers?

anyways, great video, covered everything that you need to know for disassembling.

dropped a like 

haha, I have amended the post. I have used home made spacers in the low powered vsr though :-)

5 minutes ago, PT247 said:

Action Army hop chamber, 

PDI 6.05 x 303mm barrel,

Laylax cylinder head, 90' piston, and teflon coated cylinder,

M150 spring,

Steel spring guide.

Is the springer customs works s trigger any good? (I am looking at an action army s trigger right now but might change my decision...)

1 minute ago, Max2000 said:

Is the springer customs works s trigger any good? (I am looking at an action army s trigger right now but might change my decision...)

I sold my Laylax Zero Trigger after getting the Springer Customs one, I prefer the trigger pull on it to the Laylax

30 minutes ago, PT247 said:

Problem is, i started at the airsoft pro trigger set for £80, then decided on the action army set at £110 which needs a spring and guide adding to it so essentially £140.  Going to the Layla's trigger takes me to £200 plus £30 for guide and spring over the airsoft pro kit.....I appreciate it's gonna be better, but it's getting very expensive.

springer custom triggers should be back in three to four weeks I'm told....may have to be patient.

Archived