TM Desert Eagle with Red Gas?!

Henners
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I use Nuprol Red Gas for about 120 shots through a new Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle Hard Kick .50AE pistol, ambient temperature was about 10 degrees celsius and I noticed the slide did not lock back when the mag was emptied - is the use of Red Gas for approx 120 shots likely to have damaged or weakened the pistol at all structurally?

Also, I've put about 200 shots through it using Nuprol Green Gas, ambient temperature about 15 - 20 degrees celsius here - could this have caused any structural damage/weakening as well?

Gun is newly bought and currently seems to be working fine, I'm just concerned for it's longevity and future use

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Many Thanks!

The slide not locking means theres not enough gas pressure left to fully cycle the slide back or the mag itself isnt pushing the lock up.

If you have an empty mag in and pull the slide back and it locks, its a gas pressure issue.

Probably firing too fast causing cooldown so there isnt enough umph by the last shot, happens regular with my glock if I fire quickly using nuprol gas

8 hours ago, Kash said:

The slide not locking means theres not enough gas pressure left to fully cycle the slide back or the mag itself isnt pushing the lock up.

If you have an empty mag in and pull the slide back and it locks, its a gas pressure issue.

Probably firing too fast causing cooldown so there isnt enough umph by the last shot, happens regular with my glock if I fire quickly using nuprol gas

Yeah, I'd thought it would be a gas pressure issue, probably to do with the cold weather - that being the case, do you think the Nuprol Red Gas would have caused any structural damage to the ABS frame and slide of the desert eagle? 

Ive never used a TM gun so cant comment accurately, however i highly doubt its done any damage if it cant get the slide to lock back.

In terms of a gas its just slightly more towards colder weather and more power.

Since your not getting any power, probably not an issue.

Archived