Airsoft Forums UK

MOLLE drop leg platform custom holster - Need assistance.

MILITATED
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi!

So I've recently cut down a WE KAC PDW to make it even smaller (it is about 11 inches long in total now). It will be my "sidearm". The concept picture I (poorly) photoshopped is attached below.

Anyway, I'd like for it to be held in a thigh holster of sorts. After a bit of searching, I discovered the MOLLE drop leg platform. If I were to get a couple of straps, do you think it'd be possible to make a thigh holster? Basically having the two straps which secure the PDW in place. If so, does anyone know of some reliable, strong straps?

I was thinking that one goes around the trigger guard and the other fits in the space between the mag and the foregrip.

Or if anyone has a better idea for a thigh holster or even an entirely different way to holster the PDW, let me know!

Thank you!

BH_37CL39BK_thigh_front.jpg.jpg

IMG-20170211-WA0011.jpg

• Supporters

To have even a pistol in a dropleg is a pain in the ass. A heavy monstrosity like this thing will make your life miserable. That is if you want to move faster than walking. Try to strap it very secure and very close to your waistline, maybe higher up. Armpit, or across your belly.

12 minutes ago, Samurai said:

To have even a pistol in a dropleg is a pain in the ass. A heavy monstrosity like this thing will make your life miserable. That is if you want to move faster than walking. Try to strap it very secure and very close to your waistline, maybe higher up. Armpit, or across your belly.

If the thigh option doesn't work out then I will most certainly pursue this option! Thank you very much :)

3 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

This is genius!! I likey a lot...

Have an idea in mind similar to OP for my MP5K

17 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

This is genius!! I likey a lot...

Have an idea in mind similar to OP for my MP5K

Luckily, thigh holsters are actually made for the MP5K! They were the first things I found, unsure if it'd fit my PDW well enough though

Really.. even better lol.. I shall have look. Had an idea on Sunday and thought I would explore further, this thread put it back into my mind

Archived