M4 ---> SMG conversion?

ElAshtonio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I broke my M4 today; it snapped at the bridge between the stock and the main body of the gun. I was wondering if it would be possible to convert the M4, without the stock, to some sort of SMG. The main problem for me is that the battery that powers the gun is stored in the stock so I would have to find another place to put it. Cheers :)

16753930_1287216211325078_1209957467_n.jpg

Either a ready mag holder (look at the G&G CRW)  or a PEQ box. A Begadi metal receiver will set you back about £50 if you want to replace the broken bit, or I've had a piece 3d printed that'll bolt onto the back of the receiver and replace the broken bit. If you go the pistol route then Big Dragon do a really short outer barrel, and somewhere I've got a short rail that came off a G&G CRW.

• Supporters

If you want the absolute cheapest possible solution, slap the battery in a basic bag and tape it to the back of the gun, it'll still function.  Heck you could just straight tape a battery on back there, it'd work.

My suggestion however would be to just get a new lower receiver, have someone experienced fit it if you're not sure how.

4 hours ago, Samurai said:

It's a fix for when the buffer tube holding part of the lower receiver breaks. The sling loop is a bonus. :)

Oh right, well you learn something new everyday! thanks for explaining :D 

Archived