Combat South Woodland.

abbadon101
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Combat South Woodland is the site I play at. It is 90 acres of private woodland out side Wickham near(ish) Southampton.

I have no experience of other sites but I have to say the guys at Combat South are great. There are lots of scenarios that are used and long Multi Objective games too, they also run some themed events at various dates through out the year.

It would be great to know if anyone else plays there.

• 1 month later...

hey abbadon101

combat south is my main skirmish site.im realy quite a new player to airsoft. im 14 so i don't rely go that much but i do go quite often but at the moment im a bit stuck after braking my gun. :P so i need to take it to Steve to fix.

i also have to agree that the guys at combatsouth are very friendly to new players like my self.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I too have been to this site. It's fantastic.

The only other woodland site I have been too is Ambush in Southampton area.

Combat South has some great layout and the area is huuuuuuuuuge!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went today, 2nd time there in last month. Had a good time, again a great lunch was put on and eaten with thanks. Looks like they have a lot more structures planned as there is definate signs of more building work taking place. Plenty of marshals knocking around today and the catering team do a sterling job come rain or shine. Shops has ammo/drinks/munchies at reasonable prices and not marked up to heck, tea, coffee and hot chocolate in all day supply

Only little niggle today was who the heck though a green tape to mark SF was a good idea over the top of dpm? All I could see was my sides tape colour, so waved them off when they started shooting at me and got told nope they were not on my side.hmmm. I could take either no tape, or remove original team colours, did suggest to marshall, may get taken care of.

Still a very good site and my little group will be back (any chance of some gravel on the potholes at the bottom of the track?)

thanks

Bigshep

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah they only run the SF game very occasionally and it never seems to pan out right, it is still a work in progress really as I remember they only played it the first time in about october last year. They use green tape as alot the time I did it were in multican and it stood out quite well.

I am a regular there now and know most of the staff quite well. The lunch is always to that standard so that is a bonus. They have a LOAD of more structures planned for the In Country 08 event in august and the Weekender the end of august, both of which I will be at. Alot of the regulars there are really great guys, most of us will let you have a go on a gun if you are new and want to try different guns.

They have a good range of hire guns including:FAMAS, MC51, AK47, M4, MP5.

Was at game on the 18th, had a great time. Two of us teamed up with 2 other guys on radios and ended up with 4 youngsters each. Had a great time co-ordinating attacks on hamburger hill in the afternoon (still had niggles on SF part though!). As have been 5 times since January, its fast becoming my local as well! Though at am Ambush Southampton on 25th). Now all they need is some way to download the map of the site at it will be great (had a paper copy, put it throught the wash...doh)

I will email them for a copy to post up, or I might have it on my comp some where. I will have a looksee.

• 6 years later...

I know it's an old thread, but I'd just like to let anyone watching know that the comments from six years ago are just as valid today.

This was my first skirmish and I took my two boys, one of whom is only twelve. We all had a great time, great team, friendly people and fun scenarios. We'll be going again.

• 1 month later...

Im a regular player at combat south.its a lovely site..very friendly and easy going. ..but very strict on safety fair play ..they have no sin bin. And I have seen people asked to leave the site if they brake the rules. .lovely place to play and have fun

Archived