TM L96 Basic FPS upgrade

ElAshtonio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I've got a stock TM L96 which I recently bought and I'm now looking at upgrading it. My main priority is to improve the fps (So the BB will hit the target faster) so I'm looking at getting a stronger spring. Now, I'm new to upgrading so I don't really know what to buy; would I need to upgrade anything else if I upgrade the spring?

Cheers :)

• Supporters

Unfortunately the tm l96 is not the easiest to upgrade, as the stock cylinder and cylinder head are pinned together. Also the stock cylinder is a bit weak, as it's designed not to be upgraded to comply with Japanese law.

You do now however have 2 paths you can take to upgrade its power. the first is the tried and tested spring method, head over to airsoft pro, and go with the 90degree trigger/piston and get a new cylinder and head that will take the power.

The second method newly released mancraft tm l96 hpa kit. I have the kit for my tm l96 (currently fully upgraded spring method), but I have not fitted it yet.

Also consider the alloy loading arm, as the stock plastic tend to break.

ATM there is no replacement hop chamber, but the stock hop is actually really good

Hope the above helps

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2017 at 3:59 PM, sp00n said:

Unfortunately the tm l96 is not the easiest to upgrade, as the stock cylinder and cylinder head are pinned together. Also the stock cylinder is a bit weak, as it's designed not to be upgraded to comply with Japanese law.

You do now however have 2 paths you can take to upgrade its power. the first is the tried and tested spring method, head over to airsoft pro, and go with the 90degree trigger/piston and get a new cylinder and head that will take the power.

The second method newly released mancraft tm l96 hpa kit. I have the kit for my tm l96 (currently fully upgraded spring method), but I have not fitted it yet.

Also consider the alloy loading arm, as the stock plastic tend to break.

ATM there is no replacement hop chamber, but the stock hop is actually really good

Hope the above helps

Hey man, sorry about the late response and thanks for taking the time to write all of that! :)

Okay so, I looked on airsoft pro and the product you suggested is currently out of stock which is annoying. Do you know anywhere else that might sell it? I did find this upgrade but it doesn't include the trigger system:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/airsoft-pro-complete-cylinder-set-for-tm-l96-well-mb44xx-

Cheers,

ElAshtonio

• Supporters

The fire support stuff is ok, but it still used the 45degree trigger, which do wear out pretty fast, you could upgrade to a steel sears.

the route I went down is to go with the much more sturdy and long lasting 90degree trigger 

Archived