looking to start milsimming

Elts7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

evening all.

ao ive been going to the local sites for a while now and im looking to get a little more serious and try some milsims and im looking for adivive and answers if possible.

where is the best place to look for events. tried googling and searching the forums but my google fu isnt paying off tonight.

also im running and ak47. would this restrict me to certaim milsims? i dont have any camo yet so looking to get some that would link with the ak and give me the best chance of playing.

next do you have to varry all your hear with you all the time depensing of the event length? will the rules be explain at the start of the event? really nervous about my first time as i dont know what to expect!

any advice / help ia greatly appreciated.

thanks

next do you have to varry all your hear with you all the time depensing of the event length?

Have you been cast as a policeman in Allo Allo? :D

Soz, can you rephrase as that doesn't make any sense?

evening all.

ao ive been going to the local sites for a while now and im looking to get a little more serious and try some milsims and im looking for adivive and answers if possible.

where is the best place to look for events. tried googling and searching the forums but my google fu isnt paying off tonight.

Milsim UK News and Events or Milsim Airsoft Central on Facebook

also im running and ak47. would this restrict me to certaim milsims? i dont have any camo yet so looking to get some that would link with the ak and give me the best chance of playing.

Yes, some. There is no standard camo answer for an AK47 player - anything from Taliban to Russian

next do you have to varry all your hear with you all the time depensing of the event length?

Varies from one day to four days

will the rules be explain at the start of the event?

Yes

really nervous about my first time as i dont know what to expect!

Read about them in the right places on the internet and you will soon get answers

any advice / help ia greatly appreciated.

thanks

• Supporters

No one else is carrying your gear if that's what you are asking. :)

You can put some of it down on HQs, FOBs, and 100% you won't go near it for hours. So pack everything you need, pack nothing you don't.

Have you been cast as a policeman in Allo Allo? :D

Soz, can you rephrase as that doesn't make any sense?

sorry type on my phone and it doesnt let me edit the bloody thing after!

was asking if you carry your gear at all times or you have set places to leave them when it isnt needed but its been answered aha thanks

One thing with Milsim is that you generally have to be prepared to travel to milsims.

A lot of site organisers are trying to get in on the act and offer their version of a skirmish milsim now and again, so you can probably find something a little more milsimish than a skirmish somewhere in your area if youre patient,

However, if you want a proper immersive game, you will need to be prepared to drive at least a couple of hours to get there.

We have people come to ours in the home counties, from as far away as Dorset, Humberside, even from overseas sometimes. Ive known guys from the Isle of Wight drive 6 hours to our games and they have my unswerving respect.

Archived