Russian loadouts thread

MSSW Rune
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Did you ever think that is just because those people are easier to identify than the usual it was a fat guy in multiglam?

I take a different view of things. While I agree some of the hoodie wearing adrenaline junkies are a pain I see even more fully kitted up elitist players who push the rules.  Worst people are generally those who talk about how I know all about it because I ran site "A" and marshalled site "B" not saying you are one those just that there are a fair few like that out there. The ones who think that the heathens in tracksuits who treat it like its just a silly game of paintball are not good enough for airsoft.

I actually do know a fair few marshalls and listen to their take on things and I also listen to players and a lot of people on both sides agree that a lot of non hit taking is due to kit. 

I have no issue with what people wear or how they play as long as its not detrimental to the game and over layering with daft loadouts is detrimental when you are using projectiles that weigh less than half a gram.

I appreciate your gear from a collecting point of view but still think although airsoft and the collecting can have a cross over there is a limit. All airsofters when choosing gear should think about not just what it does for their game but how it affects others.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
26 minutes ago, Oli.Hanks said:

Ahthe classic afuk debate i wanna see me some loadouts not a mass debate 

Google military larp images then because a forum is for discussion.

When you have had your fill of that google indifference which is what I feel for your opinion ;)

Not really into doing legit impressions but I've had a lot of fun trying out different Russian gear over the past few months. I do have K6-B helmet to use with this loadout but it doesn't get used very often for comfort reasons!

Ced910H.jpg

18 hours ago, Griff762 said:

Not really into doing legit impressions but I've had a lot of fun trying out different Russian gear over the past few months. I do have K6-B helmet to use with this loadout but it doesn't get used very often for comfort reasons!

Out of interest is that a replica of the experimental korund vmk molle? I've always quite liked the look of them :)

1 hour ago, MSSW Rune said:

Out of interest is that a replica of the experimental korund vmk molle? I've always quite liked the look of them :)

Yeah I got it second hand for about 70 quid, don't know where'd you find one though sorry. 

1 hour ago, Griff762 said:

Yeah I got it second hand for about 70 quid, don't know where'd you find one though sorry. 

That's not a bad price. Fsbshop sell the AU replicas but I need to shift my ts fort gladiator c before I buy any more kit :(

http://fsbshop.tk/en/product-category/body-armor-replica/

On 11/04/2017 at 9:07 PM, ImTriggerHappy said:

Google military larp images then because a forum is for discussion.

When you have had your fill of that google indifference which is what I feel for your opinion ;)

Haha i know what a forum is but the title isnt 'debate on appropriate gear for games' which is quite the interesting topic and i do agree that you see a few 'bomb suit' people whith so much gear they cant find their arse crack...

but (phun not intended btw) its a russian loadout topic 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Oli.Hanks said:

Haha i know what a forum is but the title isnt 'debate on appropriate gear for games' which is quite the interesting topic and i do agree that you see a few 'bomb suit' people whith so much gear they cant find their arse crack...

but (phun not intended btw) its a russian loadout topic 

Yes but as its an airsoft site the loadouts posted are meant to be for playing airsoft. A lot of those get ups are too ott and should never be used on an airsoft field.  

Also as its an open discussion forum I am well within my rights to voice my opinion on it. Op should be grateful I just concentrated on the airsoft side of it and stayed away from the fact its a bit odd having a geardo fashion shoot done of your outfits. I mean my 6yr old has a dress up box but has never asked me to do a photo shoot for him.:rolleyes:

People passions are passions and we are getting of topic it is not and never will be my place to judge some one on how they play the sport now back to the loadouts 

• AF-UK Founding Member
11 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yes but as its an airsoft site the loadouts posted are meant to be for playing airsoft. A lot of those get ups are too ott and should never be used on an airsoft field.  

Also as its an open discussion forum I am well within my rights to voice my opinion on it. Op should be grateful I just concentrated on the airsoft side of it and stayed away from the fact its a bit odd having a geardo fashion shoot done of your outfits. I mean my 6yr old has a dress up box but has never asked me to do a photo shoot for him.:rolleyes:

This isn't in the spirit of this forum or how we operate. Just as you're entitled to your opinion, they are entitled to do the things they like and to talk about it. The fact it is a collective shows us that there is a significant interest on this subject.

You're valid to your opinion and posting wherever you like, but you should try and keep things on track. If a particular vein of discussion isn't for you, you don't have to partake.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Devastator said:

This isn't in the spirit of this forum or how we operate. Just as you're entitled to your opinion, they are entitled to do the things they like and to talk about it. The fact it is a collective shows us that there is a significant interest on this subject.

You're valid to your opinion and posting wherever you like, but you should try and keep things on track. If a particular vein of discussion isn't for you, you don't have to partake.

Nothing your saying changes my mind.

If someone posts pictures of their load out and its not suitable for playing airsoft in then I have every right to point that out. 

This isnt Military Kit Collecting Forum UK its Airsoft Forum UK so while I appreciate that some people like to dress up when they say they play airsoft in it then surely pointing out that wearing it is detrimental to the game is fair play. There are lots of players who put together nice loadouts but still make sure that its suitable and won't deaden a high percentage of hits so it doesn't affect the game which is the most important part of Airsoft.

Some of that gear is full on turtle so while its pretty its not airsoft unless we start playing with steel bbs.

• AF-UK Founding Member

I think you missed my point. I'm not trying to change your mind. You can have whatever opinion you want. But there's absolutely no need to belittle people for something they like doing, or to take a thread off course trying to prove a point. End of discussion -> back to Russian loadouts.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Trigger, check out my new loado...

1280px-%C3%9Cbung_Northern_Coast.jpg

2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Nothing your saying changes my mind.

If someone posts pictures of their load out and its not suitable for playing airsoft in then I have every right to point that out. 

This isnt Military Kit Collecting Forum UK its Airsoft Forum UK so while I appreciate that some people like to dress up when they say they play airsoft in it then surely pointing out that wearing it is detrimental to the game is fair play. There are lots of players who put together nice loadouts but still make sure that its suitable and won't deaden a high percentage of hits so it doesn't affect the game which is the most important part of Airsoft.

Some of that gear is full on turtle so while its pretty its not airsoft unless we start playing with steel bbs.

Oh...

:D

I've been off the forums and airsoft in general for a year or so now and I've only just come back to it. 

Before my hiatus I put together a fairly basic Russian Army support gunner kit using my RPK- I don't have any photos of me in it but I've got the ubiquitous bed layout :lol:

ADE8Cfk.jpg

The camo is the new-ish EMR digital pattern which I quite like. The rig is a Smerch with RPK mag pouches. 

I've also got a genuine Russian forces olive green balaclava, cold weather hat, knitted gloves and 'Track' goggles which do quite well as eyepro although they do mist up easily. 

So far this setup has done very well for me, especially when the game scenario involves defending an area or ambushing 'enemy' forces. I got up into the second floor of a building and held off several assaults on a village from ex-forces guys on the other team, trying to get to our VIP! 

The only things I need to complete this setup is a colder weather jacket in EMR for the winter months and a camo net to disguise the RPK a little. Some genuine Russian forces boots would work too but for the time being my old British Assault boots work well. 

My collection of armour and chest rigs is coming together nicely. I just need a WAS frag belt and a Ops core with comtac set up to go with my Warrior Assault Systems DCS. that way I can shift my utility and IFAK pouches onto my belt rather than crowding the side of my carrier. 

I just managed to pick up another AK105 too so I finally have a backup AK for events lol.

34060035932_894c830dbb_b.jpg

34060028342_f2fa64537f_b.jpg

4 hours ago, ReySkywalker said:

Last 2 pics, quality 

Thanks, I'm hoping to finish my light weight dcs kit off within the next month if I'm lucky and I'll try and get some pictures of it when I do. I do however still need to photograph a few of my other kits that I've got going on too. It's just finding the time to do so :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 5.2.2017 at 9:34 AM, Baz JJ said:

On a different tack, there is an increasing number of players touting AK derivatives and I see G&G are recognising this by launching AK receivers with western stocks etc to attract a more general audience. Maybe players are getting a little fed up of the common M4/AR15 platform and looking for something different ?

Anyway, Russian loadouts are often seen as expensive and confusing because there are so many and you cant just buy it up the local army surplus store.

A guide to getting into Russian kit, starting from the basic economy solutions to the more rare would probably go down well.

Russian loadouts are no more expensive than NATO ones, if you want i can make a guide for RUSFOR kits of all types, from the more basic and affordable types to the specialized and modern ones as well as where to get them, I for example am an admitting geardo and do current issue RATNIK (modern russian regulars)

On 4/11/2017 at 8:33 PM, ImTriggerHappy said:

All airsofters when choosing gear should think about not just what it does for their game but how it affects others.

Are you actually serious? by that train of thought I shouldn't use pryo unless I know other players round the corner have hearing protection or I shouldn't shoot someones bare skin as they haven't got themselves a long sleeve shirt....

I think from reading through your posts you seem to have some sort of agenda against anyone that doesn't conform to your way of playing/train of though on gear which is bullshit as this sport is for people to be what they want to be away from "real life" who are you to judge people and suggest they may be less honest because of the kit they wear.

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Are you actually serious? by that train of thought I shouldn't use pryo unless I know other players round the corner have hearing protection or I shouldn't shoot someones bare skin as they haven't got themselves a long sleeve shirt....

I think from reading through your posts you seem to have some sort of agenda against anyone that doesn't conform to your way of playing/train of though on gear which is bullshit as this sport is for people to be what they want to be away from "real life" who are you to judge people and suggest they may be less honest because of the kit they wear.

Did you actually even read anything properly.

My whole issue is that a lot of the gear people wear affects them feeling hits.  I have never mentioned anything to do with health and safety as bangs and bleaders are part of airsoft.

My whole point is if your gear does affect you feeling peoples hits then maybe you shouldn't wear it. Dressing up is fine but the most important part is still the game itself.

I never called anybody dishonest and if you read it actually say I dont think most none hit taking is down to dishonesty it was actually the op who insinuated that.

Next time the geardo rest mist descends step back and think about whats actually being said.

2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Did you actually even read anything properly.

My whole issue is that a lot of the gear people wear affects them feeling hits.  I have never mentioned anything to do with health and safety as bangs and bleaders are part of airsoft.

My whole point is if your gear does affect you feeling peoples hits then maybe you shouldn't wear it. Dressing up is fine but the most important part is still the game itself.

I never called anybody dishonest and if you read it actually say I dont think most none hit taking is down to dishonesty it was actually the op who insinuated that.

Next time the geardo rest mist descends step back and think about whats actually being said.

I think you've missed the point I'm making, you said "All airsofters when choosing gear should think about not just what it does for their game but how it affects others" that's a pretty broad and generalised statement implying whether on purpose or not, that people should only use gear that has other players best interest in mind.

If I wanted to wear a chain mail suit to a game why should you have any say on if I can wear it or not... 

Edit: "geardo red mist" - yet another judgmental attitude.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

I think you've missed the point I'm making, you said "All airsofters when choosing gear should think about not just what it does for their game but how it affects others" that's a pretty broad and generalised statement implying whether on purpose or not, that people should only use gear that has other players best interest in mind.

If I wanted to wear a chain mail suit to a game why should you have any say on if I can wear it or not... 

Edit: "geardo red mist" - yet another judgmental attitude.

Its only generalised when its pulled out and used out of the context of the whole conversation.

If you can feel your hits wearing chainmail then feel free if you can't then no you shouldn't.

Dressing up is a side effect of the game not the game being a side effect of dressing up. Its still the game thats most important. 

Yeah the geardo comment was a judgement because 99% of the time people who argue about wearing too much gear and start ranting are geardos. And I dont class everybody who dresses up as a geardo only those that put it before the game itself. 

Every airsofter should have a say in whats best for the game.

Archived