Russian loadouts thread

MSSW Rune
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

This makes me chuckle. Personally I wouldn't comment on kit if I hadn't used it as I don't have any issues with hit taking and nore do any of the locals I play with. The last one actually hurts the most as it's a thin summer suit and stings like a sod.

The excuse that people can't feel bbs in armour is just trying to cover up bad sportsmanship to be honest. I never have issues with it and if I'm ever unsure I just take a hit.

This issue with the last outfit isn't the thickness its how loose it is. Those loose flappy suits quite often catch bbs without the wearer knowing as it only takes a small amount of material to slow the bb down dramatically. I direct hit might be felt but the ones that only catch the clothes won't and that is all the shooter sees.

I don't think it is bad sportmanship from my experience and would definitely say too much gear plays a part. Every airsofter takes hits without knowing occasionally because of mag pouches and stuff but it's up to us to try and minimise these incidents.

You say you always call your hits and if unsure call them as well and that's exactly as it should be but how do you know you call them all if you dont feel a lot of them? That goes for every airsofter though, people really should try and just use a highcrapper one day so they don't need all the kit and wear jeans and a thin top. Bet you a lot of players would get hit more than they are used to.

Not saying that's the way it should always be played but it does make you realise how much PC/vests and other gear can mask hits.

DIY Russian loadout starter for less than thirty notes- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172483735279

From my experience and teammates I would avoid. I have had 2 of those thin over suits and they fall apart within a few games from my experience. If you want something for a one off fair enough but for something that lasts I would say get a sso sumrak suit or sso partizan suit. The sumrak will cost around £60 and the partizan only a little more. They are also fully reversible so you pretty much get two patterns (one green and one brown) for the price of one.

They also have a ton of features and other bits along with a good fit.

If you want something for a one off event then those suits are great for purpose but for something with a long life span the sso partizan suit or sumrak suit will serve you well.

This issue with the last outfit isn't the thickness its how loose it is. Those loose flappy suits quite often catch bbs without the wearer knowing as it only takes a small amount of material to slow the bb down dramatically. I direct hit might be felt but the ones that only catch the clothes won't and that is all the shooter sees.

I don't think it is bad sportmanship from my experience and would definitely say too much gear plays a part. Every airsofter takes hits without knowing occasionally because of mag pouches and stuff but it's up to us to try and minimise these incidents.

You say you always call your hits and if unsure call them as well and that's exactly as it should be but how do you know you call them all if you dont feel a lot of them? That goes for every airsofter though, people really should try and just use a highcrapper one day so they don't need all the kit and wear jeans and a thin top. Bet you a lot of players would get hit more than they are used to.

Not saying that's the way it should always be played but it does make you realise how much PC/vests and other gear can mask hits.

Trust me I can feel them all in that sumrak suit. In around 12 years I have never had a issue with it and nore have those who play with or against me. The only times someone has complained (and marshals have witnessed this stood near me) is when their gun was shooting short.

I also have another view point on this from a head marshals perspective (I ran a site for a period of time 2 years ago). You would very shocked at how many times people call cheat at games and their bb's are falling 6 to 10 foot short and they are adamant they can see bbs bouncing off their target.

Also you will be shocked at how good people's hit taking is when you run a near zero tolerance policy on it, heavy armour or not. My advise is if your struggling to get someone to take their hits move closer and watch them take it. 7 times out of 10 it's the shooter missing.

On the note of taking the kit away from airsoft you may as well play paintball as all you have is the guns. We play toy guns in the woods don't take it so seriously. If you're worried about how people see you honestly go back to paintball as your not going to change airsoft. It's a hobby built around playing soldiers in the woods. If it wasn't then all of the guns we have would be modeled around sporting guns and wouldn't look like real guns for efficiency.

Anyway. back to kit and stuff

Here are some more of my kits over time

25996254813_74b9dcbccd_b.jpg

25332345742_8f5dd77b0c_b.jpg

24939487199_0c50ef811a_b.jpg

24128741696_61166efbd4_b.jpg

23250777879_6d06dd9807_b.jpg

21852655874_507e7444a7_b.jpg

22056471358_e7ce325381_b.jpg

Now for some MVD kits

17879656576_089d4e2c0d_b.jpg

17905938605_99791a46b1_b.jpg

17510187269_d67dd9b945_b.jpg

17508708788_67f7d807a8_b.jpg

• Supporters

Trust me I can feel them all in that sumrak suit. In around 12 years I have never had a issue with it and nore have those who play with or against me. The only times someone has complained (and marshals have witnessed this stood near me) is when their gun was shooting short.

I also have another view point on this from a head marshals perspective (I ran a site for a period of time 2 years ago). You would very shocked at how many times people call cheat at games and their bb's are falling 6 to 10 foot short and they are adamant they can see bbs bouncing off their target.

Also you will be shocked at how good people's hit taking is when you run a near zero tolerance policy on it, heavy armour or not. My advise is if your struggling to get someone to take their hits move closer and watch them take it. 7 times out of 10 it's the shooter missing.

On the note of taking the kit away from airsoft you may as well play paintball as all you have is the guns. We play toy guns in the woods don't take it so seriously. If you're worried about how people see you honestly go back to paintball as your not going to change airsoft. It's a hobby built around playing soldiers in the woods. If it wasn't then all of the guns we have would be modeled around sporting guns and wouldn't look like real guns for efficiency.

First off I know when I am hitting someone so no its not shooting short that is an issue I generally play cqb in the dark and use tracers so I am pretty confident I have hit someone. I have lost count of the amount of players who I have shot centre mass that haven't called it but do soon as you shoot them in the legs. A lot of airsofters complain about hit taking and a lot put it down to gear so it's not just my opinion.

I wouldn't expect you to agree as you obviously love your gear and will always defend it. I don't expect or want people stop to wearing their gear just that they remember the game is the main thing so choose their loadout more responsibly and plate carriers with groin protectors are serious overkill.

As for the guns I like nice looking toys that work well for the game I am playing but realism never crosses my mind because it doesn't exist in airsoft. I like your AK's but not because they are realistic but because they are a bit different to the norm.

Lets just agree that maybe we come at airsoft in different ways. For me it's all about the game itself and you obviously enjoy the pretend side of things which I honestly find kind of bizarre but whatever makes you happy.

And next time I am watching bbs bounce off a geardo I will try to remember the game isn't important if he's having fun thats all that matters.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I do feel there's an increasing level of players who can be classed as "Airsoft LARP".

I - personally - don't understand the guys who have to copy genuine military getups down to the tiniest detail.

But at the same time I won't look down on you for it, it obviously takes a lot of time and research.

But those guys, for me, definitely fall more into the LARP column than the skirmisher column.

I also find the LARPers tend to take the game too seriously, often losing their cool over something trivial really quickly, maybe because they are "in character" too much, I dunno.

I won't tar all of them with the same brush however, if I see a team of friends all done up as British MTP Super Elite warrior Soldiers I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

Let's face it, we've all taken time off from our families on our days off to shoot BBs at each other. Let's all be cool with one another ;)

I generally play cqb in the dark and use tracers.

Perfectly normal and not bizarre at all.

Stop The Press : Airsoft is considered abnormal by most of the rest of the world. It is ALL bizarre, but fun in a weird way.

Grown men playing with toy guns firing balls of plastic at each other.

We should just all embrace the weirdness and our individuality.

• Supporters

Perfectly normal and not bizarre at all.

Stop The Press : Airsoft is considered abnormal by most of the rest of the world. It is ALL bizarre, but fun in a weird way.

Grown men playing with toy guns firing balls of plastic at each other.

We should just all embrace the weirdness and our individuality.

Haha so true but there are varying degrees of odd. The day I find myself taking kit selfies though I will try to slash my own wrists with a rubber training knife.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I've just realised that somewhere on this forum is a post contradicting me saying I'd love to get a Garand/Thompson and make a WWII set up.

But...That's.. different.. ;)

The problem comes when you have people playing the wrong game. I got started in milsims when I found people weren't working tactically or in teams; they would all just run off in different directions with no thought of objectives.

Nothing wrong with that but not what I want, Rather than get all bitter and twisted, I went off and found people who play in the style that I want.

I do feel there's an increasing level of players who can be classed as "Airsoft LARP".

I - personally - don't understand the guys who have to copy genuine military getups down to the tiniest detail.

But at the same time I won't look down on you for it, it obviously takes a lot of time and research.

But those guys, for me, definitely fall more into the LARP column than the skirmisher column.

I also find the LARPers tend to take the game too seriously, often losing their cool over something trivial really quickly, maybe because they are "in character" too much, I dunno.

I won't tar all of them with the same brush however, if I see a team of friends all done up as British MTP Super Elite warrior Soldiers I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

Let's face it, we've all taken time off from our families on our days off to shoot BBs at each other. Let's all be cool with one another ;)

First off I know when I am hitting someone so no its not shooting short that is an issue I generally play cqb in the dark and use tracers so I am pretty confident I have hit someone. I have lost count of the amount of players who I have shot centre mass that haven't called it but do soon as you shoot them in the legs. A lot of airsofters complain about hit taking and a lot put it down to gear so it's not just my opinion.

I wouldn't expect you to agree as you obviously love your gear and will always defend it. I don't expect or want people stop to wearing their gear just that they remember the game is the main thing so choose their loadout more responsibly and plate carriers with groin protectors are serious overkill.

As for the guns I like nice looking toys that work well for the game I am playing but realism never crosses my mind because it doesn't exist in airsoft. I like your AK's but not because they are realistic but because they are a bit different to the norm.

Lets just agree that maybe we come at airsoft in different ways. For me it's all about the game itself and you obviously enjoy the pretend side of things which I honestly find kind of bizarre but whatever makes you happy.

And next time I am watching bbs bounce off a geardo I will try to remember the game isn't important if he's having fun thats all that matters.

As a marshal I have had airsofters swear bloody murder they are hitting people in a cqb environment but our site was all outside but insanely built up so darkness didn't play a role and we only had that issue at range. One of the benefits of a light site is its easy to marshal and see whats going on and with our near zero tolerance policy that was strictly enforced even those in plate carriers would take their hits every time or they would be removed from the game and if caught again doing it 100% intentionally would just removed all together. You soon weed out the bad eggs.

What is amusing is 9 out of 10 people we caught cheating were just normal walk on guys in just a chest rig or belt set up with jeans or track suits.

Yeah we can agree we come at it from different sides but I would never presume how you play according to kit or ever judge you for it. I judge a player on sportsmanship and quality of play. I think it's too easy with some of the members of the collectors community (a tiny percentage) for us all to be tarnished with the same brush. Me and my team really don't take ourselves seriously at all. At a milsim we do more so but even then we still dick about.

As someone who collects kit and plays milsim I can totally agree with you. yeah it's pretty much larping at points. Then again we skirmish more than we milsim and we really don't take ourselves seriously. I have though seen some very poor examples of peoples play who have higher end kit (I wont name names).

My collecting is reasonably separate to my gaming and often for games I will use cut down versions of these kits. one of the things I encourage my team to do is congratulate the person who shot them as we find it encourages more sportsmanship all round and helps shift some of those preconceptions people have about gear weirdos like us lol.

Plus its always nice to be complimented for a good shot.

This is precisely the sort of stuff I'm looking for! Would you mind sending me a kit-list? :)

Which kit exactly and I'll break it down for you. I've posted a couple :P

20 hours ago, Tamberlin said:

5th pic, 7th pic, and 10th pic? :D

Thanks so much!

Here are the basic kit lists for the images you were talking about :) 

Picture 5 basic kit list:

- RBR F6 MKII helmet with Norotos claw mount
- Comtac 2 headset
- SRVV Alpha plate carrier in SURPAT
- 5 SRVV single open top pouches in SURPAT

- SRVV sherman battle belt in SURPAT

- SRVV untility pouch in SURPAT

- SSO partizan suit in spectre (on it reverse brown side)

- AK104

Picture 7 basic kit list:

- SSO boonie hat in SS Leto

- Garsing Kenga MKII chest rig (Tasmainian Tiger MII in olive or multicam is mor accurate)

- SSO partizan suit in spectre

- Multicam Gen III trousers (slavyanka are whats issued but Crye Precision are also used)

- AK104

Picture 10 basic kit list:

- SSO boonie hat in SS Leto

- SSO Gorka E in SS Leto

- Korund VM armour

- Splav M23 pioneer chest rig

- AK104

Here is a link to a basic kit guide for Russian kit. It should help people who are starting out with Russian kits and hopefully save you some money and stress along the way. 

https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/topic/34410-a-basic-guide-to-buying-russian-kit-for-beginners/

• 2 months later...

Decided to try my Atacs FG set with my Gladiator A in full turtle mode. Definitely going to have to use my new IHFY mesh googles with this and new low profile mesh mask ass this set up makes you a massive target and its pretty hot in the sun with all of that so fogging will be an issue for my glasses. I would love to see some more Russian kits :D  

33874473366_39259c7020_b.jpg

33758594822_e4e50e938c_b.jpg

33785652051_40f903bd45_b.jpg

On 10/04/2017 at 5:40 PM, ImTriggerHappy said:

Surely you cant play airsoft in that get up?

People would have to throw their guns at you for you to feel it.

Why are you still commenting on this? We have been through all of this already and you clearly aren't into kit so why not just leave it alone? You're not going to change my mind or anyone else's mind who collects kit, so what's the point?   

• Supporters
1 minute ago, MSSW Rune said:

Why are you still commenting on this? We have been through all of this already and you clearly aren't into kit so why not just leave it alone? You're not going to change my mind or anyone else's mind who collects kit, so what's the point?   

Because its a public forum and as an airsoft player I get annoyed when people turn up to games wearing ridiculous amounts of kit  and dont feel half their hits.

This is not military reenactment or dress up its airsoft and you are talking about playing in all that kit.

If you or any other person wants to collect kit and prance around in it thats totally fine but not in a game.

And I will keep commenting until I can go to games without bumping into to players who damage everyone elses day by waddling around full armadillo and not taking hits. I believe its time sites started policing kit and making sure players remove layers that are unnecessary and affect their ability to feel hits.

That kit looks great but its ludicrous for airsoft and this is an airsoft forum.

12 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Because its a public forum and as an airsoft player I get annoyed when people turn up to games wearing ridiculous amounts of kit  and dont feel half their hits.

This is not military reenactment or dress up its airsoft and you are talking about playing in all that kit.

If you or any other person wants to collect kit and prance around in it thats totally fine but not in a game.

And I will keep commenting until I can go to games without bumping into to players who damage everyone elses day by waddling around full armadillo and not taking hits. I believe its time sites started policing kit and making sure players remove layers that are unnecessary and affect their ability to feel hits.

That kit looks great but its ludicrous for airsoft and this is an airsoft forum.

Ahhh more wild assumptions... what's your experience running games or a site again? Seriously, do you even have any to back these so called claims up? Otherwise it's just one players opinion which without anything to back it up could just be down to your aim. I've played against guys in heavy armour and marshalled guys with them in cqb and woodlands and not had an issue either way.

1 of 3 things, either you have a bad sportsmanship issue where you play. You can't shoot straight/have a low fps gun or your just trying to troll this thread for whatever reason. 

Oh and yes we will be using this kit soon as it's designed for a direct action mission I will be running for a private event where heavy armour will allow extra revives during the event compared to light armour or none. I'm sure I'll be taking it to a local skirmish too so long as it's not to warm in the next week or so. 

• Supporters

Whats running games or a site got to do it with it?  Being a marshall doesn't make anybody an expert just makes them a marshall.

I play a fair amount and see issues all the time not so often from me because I adjust and shoot low pretty quick when centre mass doesnt work..

See it at various sites and lets be honest every airsofter complains about hit taking so I dont for one minute believe you have never had an issue.

As for my aim I am pretty sure its not an issue and that I play at an ok level.

There isnt a single thing you can say that will make accept that outfit as pretty as it is is suitable for airsoft.

Dress up yes but dress up sensibly.

Being a marshal takes you out of the moment and makes you impartial to what's going on. It gives you a totally different view of the situation and your adrenaline isn't running so you are making sound decisions without the "haze of combat". 

While running the site of course we had issues with hit taking but it was with guys in t-shirts and combats more often thsn not or the worst was a guy in track suit and hoodie that caused us headaches. It was the paintball type players that caused issues not the guys in gear or your average walk on guy in kit. You will find at least in the south west that most players in kit are pretty conscious of their kit and how it sounds and feels being shot. 

It's people who try and treat it like speedsoft in minimal kit who moan all day about hit taking that wind marshals up as it's often these people who we had to deal with and had complaints about. They tend to take it all to seriously and only ruin the day for themselves really. 

Archived