LCT RPK NV (2015 Version) VS A&K PKM

Tamberlin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a Russian support weapon, and I think I've narrowed it down to these two choices. Does anyone have experience with either of them, or both of them?

My squad role will be mid/long-range suppressive fire, so I'll need good range, accuracy, and ammo capacity, and a gearbox that won't malfunction if I fire long bursts (I've heard some of the lower-end LMGs often use a gearbox which isn't upto the task of handling thousands upon thousands of rounds being fired in a few hours).

I think I'll be able to handle the weight of the PKM, it's about the same weight as the bass I play every day, so it won't be too straining, especially as I'll be resting it on walls and lying down with it.

I'm also not totally comfortable (right now) with doing extensive internal upgrades on a gearbox, so I'd also like to know how they perform out of the box.

Many thanks,

Tam

My PKM was too hot stock and needed a M100.

But firing it was shocking. HOP unit and rubber were awful and so I bought a CNC unit, Guarder HOP rubber and replaced various internal parts with Lonex replacements. After that - £100+ - it was a beast that would've just then benefitted from an 11.1 Lipo.

My PKM was too hot stock and needed a M100.

But firing it was shocking. HOP unit and rubber were awful and so I bought a CNC unit, Guarder HOP rubber and replaced various internal parts with Lonex replacements. After that - £100+ - it was a beast that would've just then benefitted from an 11.1 Lipo.

Really? I've been told that the HOP unit was fine, but yes, apparently the rubber itself is awful. What was the CNC unit?

Bullgear CNC PKM was what I bought.

It may have been the rubber; all I know is that it barely cleared 30 yards...afterwards it was reaching out past 60 yards.

A tighter barrel and an 11.1 Lipo and you'll be laughing.

I bought all of these parts from WGC, after seeing a very useful thread on the 'Red Alliance' board:

LONEX Cylinder for Marui AK / G3 / M16A2 AEG
LONEX Aluminum Cylinder Head for Ver.2 Gearbox
LONEX POM Ventilation Piston Head
LONEX Enhanced AEG Piston ( 10 Steel Teeth )
LONEX Steel Enhanced Ball Bearing Spring Guide for Gearbox Ver.2
LONEX Air Seal Nozzle for MP5KPDW AEG

Plus the Bullgear CNC HOP Unit and a Guarder clear rubber. And a new M100 spring.

Bullgear CNC PKM was what I bought.

It may have been the rubber; all I know is that it barely cleared 30 yards...afterwards it was reaching out past 60 yards.

A tighter barrel and an 11.1 Lipo and you'll be laughing.

I bought all of these parts from WGC, after seeing a very useful thread on the 'Red Alliance' board:

LONEX Cylinder for Marui AK / G3 / M16A2 AEG

LONEX Aluminum Cylinder Head for Ver.2 Gearbox

LONEX POM Ventilation Piston Head

LONEX Enhanced AEG Piston ( 10 Steel Teeth )

LONEX Steel Enhanced Ball Bearing Spring Guide for Gearbox Ver.2

LONEX Air Seal Nozzle for MP5KPDW AEG

Plus the Bullgear CNC HOP Unit and a Guarder clear rubber. And a new M100 spring.

Thank you so much! Would you say that after all the time and money spent on the upgrades, it's worth the £540+ (Around £430 for gun, plus all upgrades) price tag?

Also, do you think I'd be okay if I just installed a tighter barrel, and a better rubber? What barrel would you suggest?

Worth it? Well, I sold it on after!

No idea and no idea.

I used it once after all the work and it was ok. Unless your site has Support Gun rules that are different from other AEG rules, they are heavy burdens.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived