Upgrades

Callumw95
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

You could improve trigger response by using an 11.1, and maybe getting rid of the mini Tamiya and use deans instead.

If your looking for rate of fire I get 25rps on an 11.1v 40c battery and an m100 spring.

Only thing you need to improve a Krytac is cosmetic. I have tried PDI and Prometheus inner barrels, I've tried flat hop, different hop chambers, different motors (30k and 20k) and different batteries. If you can run at 350 fps then change the spring to get it as close to that limit with your hop set for the weight of BB you use (but chrono on 0.2g BBs obviously or go by joules). If you play CQB then get it as close to site limit. If you play outdoors then you could lock it to semi-auto and boost fps to DMR limits if your site allows M4s as DMRs.

I run my PDW with a standard barrel and the 20k motor now with standard hop unit and rubber/nub. Only thing I do as a "performance upgrade" is run an 11.1v LiPo. I also use 0.3g ProBall BBs.

Im mainly semi auto, cqb sites but trigger responce is good idea, may get some 11.1v 40c if that would do nicely?

DO NOT use a 40C LiPo, use a max 30C

• Supporters

You won't improve it you will only make it worse.

To get the best out of a gun isn't just about chucking the best parts inside it's about everything working together correctly, its a balancing act. Krytac did a good job with the trident range and most so called upgrades people have done are a waste of time.

You won't improve it you will only make it worse.

To get the best out of a gun isn't just about chucking the best parts inside it's about everything working together correctly, its a balancing act. Krytac did a good job with the trident range and most so called upgrades people have done are a waste of time.

Could we please make this a big, shouty automatic reply everytime anyone asks, "What should I buy to make it betterer?".

• 1 month later...

Bro has Mk2 SPR and is planning on chucking in a Gate Titan, Lonex A2, Prommy 6.03, Prommy purple bucking, prommy flat nub, Lonex air nozzle.

Bit of dremelling for the Gate Titan to fit. Switch the pinion on the A2 for the Krytac one on the 20k motor or just see how well the Lonex pinion meshes before doing the switch as might not have to.

Prommy purple is arguably one of the best buckings.

Flat hop nub gives incredible range next to the R-hop.

Gate Titan will fix the whole overspin issue (only very slighty overspinning).

Lonex air nozzle will solve the compression problems as Krytacs have a slight air seal issue with the nozzle as the nozzle has no o-ring. 

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Katana said:

Bro has Mk2 SPR and is planning on chucking in a Gate Titan, Lonex A2, Prommy 6.03, Prommy purple bucking, prommy flat nub, Lonex air nozzle.

Bit of dremelling for the Gate Titan to fit. Switch the pinion on the A2 for the Krytac one on the 20k motor or just see how well the Lonex pinion meshes before doing the switch as might not have to.

Prommy purple is arguably one of the best buckings.

Flat hop nub gives incredible range next to the R-hop.

Gate Titan will fix the whole overspin issue (only very slighty overspinning).

Lonex air nozzle will solve the compression problems as Krytacs have a slight air seal issue with the nozzle as the nozzle has no o-ring. 

Gate Titan is a good shout.

ASG ultimate 30k is a better choice than the lonex A2 and similar price.

Prommy purple wont add anything the standard bucking is as good if not better. Had issues with recent batch of prommy buckings so stopped using them entirely as finding lonex is better for standard bucking and a lot cheaper.

Flat nub will do nothing unless you flat hop or r hop.

Stick with the standard krytac nozzle as I have had two come my way that had the nozzle replaced for ones with o'rings and both were having feeding issues due to the nozzle dragging. Krytac guns like most good guns have tight tolerances so the o'ring can have a negative effect and should only be used where tolerances are crap i.e G&G.

+1 for the ASG over the Lonex. Better made, smoother running, more powerful magnets.

• Supporters

You ask a dozen people you will get a number of different answers.......

Service/Maintain the Krytac box is one thing

But just me personally - rather than pull about the Krytac box and dremel stuff etc....

If I was going to chuck in a Titan @ £100+ then rip out, ignore or utilise the existing mosfet

WHICH I SAY DON'T - so the krytac mosfet and its cleverly designed fitted mosfet is obsolete...

might work but I'd say don't as you would lose any active braking if you use the krytac 3034 to supply the motor

PLUS - on active braking you will reverse polarity to slow the motor which can kill the krytac mosfet if no diode etc...

Yeah if I was going fit a Titan - I would perhaps instead fit it to another build or gearbox

One that doesn't have a neatly thought out built in mosfet in there

Build up a new build box with quicker responsive gears - don't have to go too mega nutz

say 13:1 set & stuff - get some snappy response without needing to up the juice too much

I'd just consider build a nice new build box than mess about with something that works quite well already

Not saying don't fit a Titan to a Krytac - but just saying I would consider for a sec a new box for the Titan

But then as with all upgrades - you start of with a few minor tweaks and a budget of £30 to £50 say

Before you know where you are - it has doubled or even thinking about tripling or even more the budget

HOLD UP - wtf, thought I was just going to do a little tweak & find yourself having to wind it back a notch

• Supporters
On 1/29/2017 at 9:23 PM, Callumw95 said:

I guess its just me being greedy but everynoe and then i fire 2 bbs, im running a 7.4v 30c lipo?

If you are getting overspin now on 7.4v 30c

then FFS I would not advise chucking in 11.1v unless you like shredding pistons & stuff

What is you rate of fire ???

By the sounds of it you may have a 30k motor shooting past 20rps...

you chuck in 11.1v then you are going to be 30+rps and plenty overspin

with a LOT of over spin you can still shred a piston on semi without going nutz on auto

The gun will fire twice and in that time the piston hasn't fully returned/settled

on 7.4v you are probably getting away with it on semi and perhaps the odd burst of auto

because the motor hasn't had a chance to achieve full top rpm speed on 7.4v from still

Now you chuck in a 50% or so more boost to the power when you was already getting overspin/double firing

I would predict you will soon be looking at replacing a shredded piston on 11.1v

I would guess you may have a 30k motor in there to give you some snappy response but a bit of overspin

I strongly suggest not going down the 11.1v route just yet until you chrono and post your rps to confirm this

IF you have a 20k motor then yeah - 11.1v will be no real problem

but if you have a 30k motor & chuck in a 11.1v 30c with a modest krytac spring....

yeah - think you might want to price a new piston if she double fires already on 7.4v

Not saying people can't run 11.1v - no threat on a 20k

but I have smashed up a bit but taking the piss on higher juice with faster motors etc....

Post your rps on 7.4v - think you might be 20rps already

so I'd think carefully on boosting the juice just yet & perhaps be content with what you are running with atm

1 hour ago, Sitting Duck said:

Yeah if I was going fit a Titan - I would perhaps instead fit it to another build or gearbox

One that doesn't have a neatly thought out built in mosfet in there

Build up a new build box with quicker responsive gears - don't have to go too mega nutz

say 13:1 set & stuff - get some snappy response without needing to up the juice too much

I'd just consider build a nice new build box than mess about with something that works quite well already

Not saying don't fit a Titan to a Krytac - but just saying I would consider for a sec a new box for the Titan

Funny you say that as it's exactly what I said to him but he doesn't want to spend out the extra money. He said and his words..."I don't care if it breaks as if it does, I'll just HPA it or buy a DSG lower from Umbrella Armouries." 

If he doesn't really care then on his head be it. I'm bored of constantly having to troubleshoot my guns which is why for the next gun that I'll get, I'll just do some small things like maybe some shimming and relube with AOE correction and then just leave it alone. Bored of the constant hassle. My latest problem is some PTS EPM's that used to feed perfectly in my G&P and still feed fine in other guns but all of a sudden they just don't want to feed well at all, so weird.

4 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Gate Titan is a good shout.

ASG ultimate 30k is a better choice than the lonex A2 and similar price.

Prommy purple wont add anything the standard bucking is as good if not better. Had issues with recent batch of prommy buckings so stopped using them entirely as finding lonex is better for standard bucking and a lot cheaper.

Flat nub will do nothing unless you flat hop or r hop.

Stick with the standard krytac nozzle as I have had two come my way that had the nozzle replaced for ones with o'rings and both were having feeding issues due to the nozzle dragging. Krytac guns like most good guns have tight tolerances so the o'ring can have a negative effect and should only be used where tolerances are crap i.e G&G.

New build list then:

ASG 30k motor 

Gate Titan

Prommy 6.03

Prommy purple - It has already been ordered but when I said flat nub, I thought people would think it was a given that you would have to shave your bucking no? Comes under the whole "flat" thing but I guess I should have clarified that a bit better.

I'll give a couple of air nozzle's a go, only because he really wants perfect air seal and if you have perfect air seal, your accuracy obviously goes up because air leaks aren't consistent and he was having a problem with accurate shooting. Do you know if the Lonex ones work or is that one that you have had a problem with. Maybe a tiny bit of grease on the cylinder head will help it or will that just spit the grease into the hop up unit and lube everything up making it shoot sh*t? I mean I would at first say it's not a good idea but surpise me haha.

• Supporters

If you haven't ordered the barrel I wouldn't bother whether prommy or pdi you wont really gain anything.

As for the nozzle a lot of people go on about o'rings but while they can improve airseal it isn't necessary on most guns. The air nozzle needs to move freely on the cylinder head nozzle and adding a point of friction is a bad idea. I would only do that if the parts didn't mate together well but the Krytac ones do. With a good pairing it isnt necessary which is why very few manufacturers do it because the tolerances are generally good. Its normally only when people start using different after market parts that fit together sloppily that o'rings are necessary.

If you are going to flat hop try the lonex 50 its what I use for flat hops and rhops as it seals well and prommy buckings can be problematic with a lot of hops because they are slightly thicker. I find it works far more consistently and use the namazu nub if you can.

Archived