Airsoft Forums UK

Paint restoration

MILITATED
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi!

My sidearm is currently anodised black (from factory) and it's starting to show signs of wear. Which paint would be the best (and least costly) to repaint it? I was thinking of giving it a Krylon job but are there any potentially better alternatives? Has anyone repainted their RIF with flat black Krylon and if so, how did it turn out?

Please let me know!

Thank you.

• Supporters

Paint doesn't stick to anodising brilliantly well but Krylon will be fine as long as you prep the surface properly. Ideally, strip it back to metal, prime it then colour.

• Supporters

How worn are we talking? Even done well, krylon scratches off again pretty fast. If you always want your gun to look box fresh you'll have to invest in something like cerakote unless you're happy to repaint it pretty much every game.

How worn are we talking? Even done well, krylon scratches off again pretty fast. If you always want your gun to look box fresh you'll have to invest in something like cerakote unless you're happy to repaint it pretty much every game.

Well from afar, it's not particularly noticeable. They're pretty much just marks along the edges of the slide with a bit of wear towards the front of the slide. Thought as much in regards to Krylon, thank you!

Archived