Claw Gear

Dentonboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello gang,

Any idea if Claw Gear are a decent brand? Got my eye on a few bits: they aren't a brand I have experience with.

Ta!

Claw Gear is quality - Got myself a couple of sets in A-TACS AU, well made, waterproof lining at the base, plenty of proper pockets (unlike the Chinese jobbies). Options for intergrated knee pads on the outs or can have them on the inside.

RandomTrashy has done a couple of reviews on his site for the tops & trousers

Gets a thumbs up from me!

No personal experience but have them in my mind as a descent brand (not sure why, must have seen something at some point) lol

I am, for my sins, a TAD Junky. But seen some nice AOR2 bits that would go nicely into my collection!

I've had claw gear stuff from Gen 1 to whatever they're on now. Always been good quality stuff, that has only gotten better.

I'm not a huge fan of the knee pads they use in their combat trousers, that's my only gripe.

I've bought from them directly before (Austria IIRC), and found that to be cheaper than buying over here.

To attest to the quality, there have been a few pictures of their kit in use by Russian military.

• Supporters

You sure they're making AOR2? I mean I'm not trying to cast aspersions, but they're a Swiss brand who manufacture in the far east, I've never seen any genuine AOR gear that was made outside North America. Even the Plat-A-Tac 'AOR1' is just NWUII. I did some googling and they used to make some stuff they called AOR2, but it isn't really. If it's close enough for your airsoft needs that's absolutely fine of course, but they're rather misleading in calling it AOR.

Re the OP, I picked up one of their latest gen combat shirts to try out since they're one of the few companies that makes coyote brown instead of just tan. It has some weird, silly features where they've tried too hard to try and be different, but they're definitely not the end of the world and all the components seem of good quality. Didn't notice any stitching issues in my initial assessment. IIRC correctly some of their offerings are PYCO and some are NYCO so be sure to read the product details to know exactly what you're getting.

Thanks all.

Have sidelined this idea as found some bargain Arc'teryx items. But input appreciated.

CKinnerley: I was looking at the Stalker jacket in 'AOR2' - as you say, might well just their impression of it.

I was also looking at 'AOR2' by OPS Tactical.

It is still NWUII = AOR1 NWUIII = AOR2 though, or am I mistaken? Hard to keep track of US services camouflage patterns since the turn of the 21st Century!!!

• Supporters

CKinnerley: I was looking at the Stalker jacket in 'AOR2' - as you say, might well just their impression of it.

I was also looking at 'AOR2' by OPS Tactical.

It is still NWUII = AOR1 NWUIII = AOR2 though, or am I mistaken? Hard to keep track of US services camouflage patterns since the turn of the 21st Century!!!

It's not the real stuff I can assure you with 100% factual certainty.

NWU '2' is the arid AOR with the USN logo/anchor added in. NWU 3 is the temperate version with the same addition. Printed on different fabrics as well from what I've found so far, so you'll get some other minor differences aside from just the anchor appearing here and there.

I do not doubt you!

Yes, that is what I thought. Cheers.

Archived