Custom Spray paint stencils

TinySeal
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I probably wouldn't, because if I was going to paint my gun in a camoflauge pattern, I'd probably collect leaves and such to use as stencils (for woodland at least)

I imagine some guys would though

Out of curiosity would you pay for a sticky vinyl stencil kit that included said stencils if it was reasonably priced ?

Would appreciate it very much if you all could give your very honest opinions as to whether or not you would use them if they where available at reasonable cost , also custom designs as well ?

Found it.

www.entina.es

Although they are in Spain the service was pretty prompt. Good quality material and cutting. Should give you something to go on.

• Supporters

how reusable?

Not at all.

Vinyl paint mask stretches when you pull it off.

There might be a market for stencils in a tougher, non contact form that you could reuse. Some camo patterns look good with softer edges. And it's a damn sight quicker than laying down vinyl, especially if you're using female masks and you have to mask all the gaps.

Not at all.

Vinyl paint mask stretches when you pull it off.

Smaller ones should be ok and depends on the thickness of the vinyl as well .

these guys in the US sell these types of stencils $24 for pistols and $50 for rifles montactical.com

I brought 2no A4sheets from ebay for around £2, and just copy and paste an image then print/ cut out ( cheap as chips). Looked into a laser cutter scanner/ printer range from £100 - £350.

these guys in the US sell these types of stencils $24 for pistols and $50 for rifles montactical.com

I brought 2no A4sheets from ebay for around £2, and just copy and paste an image then print/ cut out ( cheap as chips). Looked into a laser cutter scanner/ printer range from £100 - £350.

That's where I've got the idea from, from montactical he does some great stuff most of the laser cutters I've seen though are kinda not very good up until the £1000 mark as I was looking into getting one for custom images on various objects including full metal RIFs .

• Supporters

Smaller ones should be ok and depends on the thickness of the vinyl as well .

Not sure how often you've used paint mask vinyl but speaking as a custom painter, they're not really all that re-usable. If it sticks well enough to mask properly you end up screwing the edge up trying to lift it. That's why most painters cut new masks each time.

Not sure how often you've used paint mask vinyl but speaking as a custom painter, they're not really all that re-usable. If it sticks well enough to mask properly you end up screwing the edge up trying to lift it. That's why most painters cut new masks each time.

Never to be quite honest with you I'm slowly learning and appreciate all feed back and info .

I'm sure people would be happy to print for a £5 sheet of laser-cut stencils even knowing they won't be able to reuse them though. Maybe you should speak to GearTech Custom Paint :)

Yes that's what I was thinking I've looked around and not really been to find many that do them only abroad , many thanks proffrink I'll get in touch with them , thank you .

I can make these, been doing them for a while using vinyls or on Mylar as reusable stencils.

Used a vinyl one for my AUG A3

https://imgur.com/gallery/jvc4G

The reusable Ines don't need to be laser cut, you can also use vinyl cutters with a sticky mat under them 😉

What vinyl cutting machine do you use ? Been looking at a few with various other options for them ,

I use a graphtec CE6000 so not your cheap Chinese cutter you find on fleabay. If your looking to get a cutter avoid the cheap brands, maybe start with a craftrobo or silhouette cameo. They are small but will do for starting out and are decent bits of kit. The cheap crap to avoid are: liyu, ukcutter, redsail or anything with MH or EH in the title. They are total junk - not very friendly with a USB connection, the USB/serial boards always blow, they rarely have support for windows 10, connecting them up for your computer to detect them is a nightmare, any sort of static while cutting sends the cutter to go ape shit all over your vinyl with random cuts...I could go on. This is from experience when I first started, 2 years warranty with them and I binned them after months of use as customer service is none existent. If it doesn't connect for some reason they make an appointment with you to remotely connect to your pc to try solve a hardware issue which they can't see...this appointment could be days in advance and is in their working hours so if you work mon-fri then your screwed, then they forget about your appointment.

I'm not trying to put you off but it's the same principle as most things, buy cheap - buy twice.

That's why I recommend a desktop unit like the craftrobo or silhouette cameo - I make signage, wall art etc so I need a large cutter where you wouldn't need to buy something like mine

Archived