Cyma m40a3 spring sniper

ikarma70
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gun Name and maker:Cyma M40A3

FPS:505

Hop up: yes somewhere

Mag Capacity: 30

Battery: no

Plastic/Metal/Both: plastic stock/metal action

Hi guys, I just acquired this new Cyma m40a3 and so I thought as there was such little information on it I would do a review on my first impressions on it.

Unboxing.

Very plain box with good firm fitted foam interior padding so nothing to worry about here.

I must say that I don't know if this is the way it comes normally but there was no cleaning rod or instructions which as you will read later has me scratching my head on something critical to the operation of this gun.

The other items are a small speedloader,magazine, spare lower fps spring,usual crap bag of bb's and a bag of 2 Allen keys.

Externals.

Upon looking at this rifle I thought it had a chunky solid appearance to it and on lifting it off the wall it really did feel chunky and solid, there's no creaking from the stock and it has a reassuring weight to it so if you like a lighter sniper rifle this won't be on your options list.

The grip is not slim but you don't grip this stock as it's s 90 degree target style pistol grip and not a vsr style, you place your thumb on the top in a target style and place your fingers.

The trigger guard has a magazine drop plate but the magazine is a vsr type as in it's mag well location so you could use this space for something.

The adjustable cheek piece is probably blacked steel and has 4 knobs of which you only require 2 IMHO which brings me onto the adjustable length of pull.

This is done by using inserts to set the length, however here is the only fault I can really mark the gun down on.

There are 4 detachable sling points which is very handy.

If you don't have a long forearm then you won't need all of the spacers, this is the issue as the bolts have such a small amount of threading that you can't lock the butt pad down, however it's a common m3 bolt thread so you probably have a few in your bits box.

The trigger is a 90 degree unit so it's feels firm but crisper than the usual vsr 45degree unit so no complaints here.

Now I mentioned the missing owners manual and here is why it's pee'd me right off!

Where the **** is the hop adjustment?

It's not in the usual vsr location, I can't see a hex grub screw .... Frustrating to say the least!

Using this rifle.

This rifle is sooooo nice to use, the bolt is so light to pull and return to it's closed position, the mag locating catch needs a little working in but a minute smear of silicon grease will help.

Now when I chrono'd it as the shop owner said it was doing 505fps with .2gr bb's so AFAIK this is usable straight from the box however I do need to do some range work to sort the hop out when I can find the adjustment.

Thanks for reading.

Andy

• Supporters

The PDI with the two arms is better than the original VSR, so Cyma copied that one. I don't know how good the copy is (I don't have this gun, but it's on my radar). They didn't copy the VSR trigger unit either but the PDI 90 degree one and that spares you another £80+. :) The TM VSR is very good for Japan (and Ireland and I think Spain or Italy) but not good for higher power. This Cyma can handle 500 fps out of the box. I wouldn't be surprised if with some careful DIY and maybe a maple leaf hopup rubber with a concave nub it would perform really great.

You read my mind about the maple leaf hop rubber as I bought one for it when I picked the Cyma up.

I got the gun because I wanted a back up sniper for when/if my hpa DMR goes down and I was thinking of a vsr platform but this Cyma made so much sense given that it's mostly upgraded from the box and 505fps from the box.

What got me was how easy it is to pull the bolt back and for £170( I traded my we g36k for it) it's a steal!

Spare magazines are hard to find at the minute but it is a new gun.

You are right about the pdi style hop!!!

• 2 years later...

Archived