Business ideas ??

TinySeal
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the topic title says , basically I've come in to a bit of money and want to start my self up in a business, only trouble is I cannot for the life of me think of any ideas to start with ! Any ideas welcome guys haha

• Supporters

anything 'fun' won't make much money. Those who have lots of money often do something tedious. More millionaires doing manufacturing of springs, bolts, washers, small electrical components etc. than there are playing with toy guns ;)

If it's a decent amount buy houses, rent or sell for profit. I should have done that 2 years ago, I might now just afford a deposit on a second place to rent, kick myself daily for not jumping at it faster. If you come up with a better business in the meantime, you can sell up to release money. Imagine it like a big bank account that is almost never going to lose the money, but nearly guarantees decent reward on investment.

smaller amounts can be beneficial in other ways.

Can you pay off your mortgage for example.

Do you have any saleable skills or interests?

I have been looking at the housing market , my sister has also , I just think that the wrong tenant would and could possibly destroy that idea ! I know there are a lot of good people out there that are in a position to rent but everybody who has properties that I know of constantly moan about the wrong tenant , apart from property I really don't know of anything else , was thinking of starting up my own printing place small scale a printing press and finishing equipment but I'm terrible with money .

Avoid hobby type business' such as airsoft!

When the belt needs tightening or the fat needs trimming, hobbies are one of the first cuts to be made.

Invest in something that will never dwindle. Gold is always a sure thing but essential services is another. Like above, property! Get to auctions and get repo houses. Massive profit margins. Don't worry about bad clients...... Typically rent is higher than mortgage which leaves enough cash to pay for somebody to worry on your behalf.

If you know a builder / contractor have a serious word with them. Get the. To come to auctions and look at properties with you. Trust their instinct and trade experience.

Avoid hobby type business' such as airsoft!

When the belt needs tightening or the fat needs trimming, hobbies are one of the first cuts to be made.

Invest in something that will never dwindle. Gold is always a sure thing but essential services is another. Like above, property! Get to auctions and get repo houses. Massive profit margins. Don't worry about bad clients...... Typically rent is higher than mortgage which leaves enough cash to pay for somebody to worry on your behalf.

If you know a builder / contractor have a serious word with them. Get the. To come to auctions and look at properties with you. Trust their instinct and trade experience.

I am actually getting gold but as an investment for my 2 daughters for when they are older , I will have to have a sit down with my sister and look into property a bit deeper , failing that I'll just buy a container full of softair goodies hahah

Entomophagy.

I am actually getting gold but as an investment for my 2 daughters for when they are older , I will have to have a sit down with my sister and look into property a bit deeper , failing that I'll just buy a container full of softair goodies hahah

How are you going about that?

Entomophagy.

How are you going about that?

Off any of the gold selling sites in the U.K. ! Looking at the 1 ounce coins as a friend has hire a bit in coins .

A small machine shop is one however not sure what you background is to kick this off, a solid modelling and product design business but the same point as before. As mentioned by everyone else the housing market is good. I know what you said about the tenant but thats why you should split your investment over more than one place and as harsh as it sounds you need to be strict with them paying as if you got rid of them someone else will fill the spot.

A small machine shop is one however not sure what you background is to kick this off, a solid modelling and product design business but the same point as before. As mentioned by everyone else the housing market is good. I know what you said about the tenant but thats why you should split your investment over more than one place and as harsh as it sounds you need to be strict with them paying as if you got rid of them someone else will fill the spot.

By trade I'm a printer but can also finish print as well, been printing for over 20 years now since I was 16 , spreading out would be better in property would be better as say if one tenant wouldn't couldn't pay you would have months of none payment and think it takes 3-6 months for eviction (not to sure on that ) as a friend is always telling me things .

By trade I'm a printer but can also finish print as well, been printing for over 20 years now since I was 16 , spreading out would be better in property would be better as say if one tenant wouldn't couldn't pay you would have months of none payment and think it takes 3-6 months for eviction (not to sure on that ) as a friend is always telling me things .

Build a business around what you know if you are going down a manufacture/production route. And that sounds about right you can contact the high court but that adds more cost to speed up the process. You do hear horror stories about it but I don't think it happens as often as some people make it out.

You do hear horror stories about it but I don't think it happens as often as some people make it out.

Trust me where I'm from it's quite a regular ordeal !

Off any of the gold selling sites in the U.K. ! Looking at the 1 ounce coins as a friend has hire a bit in coins .

You might want to consider Bullionvault. I have a few oz there myself and I really like the way they operate. Plus you don't have to worry about gold alloys there and bars with copper cores.

Not to mention, gold coins lose mass whenever they're handled. Easy to store though.

You might want to consider Bullionvault. I have a few oz there myself and I really like the way they operate. Plus you don't have to worry about gold alloys there and bars with copper cores.

Not to mention, gold coins lose mass whenever they're handled. Easy to store though.

Cheers bud will have a look at that site , I've read and seen videos where they fill the centre of the bars with copper ! Wrong that !

Cheers bud will have a look at that site , I've read and seen videos where they fill the centre of the bars with copper ! Wrong that !

It's (though you didn't say it like this) not actually dishonest at all, the only people that suffer are those that don't know which bars have cores. However even if someone says they know the difference, you can never be sure.

Pure gold would be too fragile without a core to provide shape, imo the gold alloy bars are worse.

• 1 year later...

Archived